Friday, January 15, 2016

Oh Hey Friday: January 15, 2016

It's Oh Hey Friday! time, hosted by September FARM. The idea is that you talk about five things -- any five things, themed or random -- and away we go!



The "Apps" Edition!


ONE|
One of my 2016 intentions is to drink more water. I think I'd like a good water tracking app (for iPhone). I'm open to recommendations!

TWO|
It's totally cheesy, but I love checking on the Swarm app. It serves no real purpose, except that I love unlocking stickers. (I won't check in at work or home, though. I don't feel like I need to make those locations public knowledge.)

THREE|
I'm five months into Fitbit ownership. I wondered whether or not it would be worth the "investment." I just have the Zip, which is, basically, a glorified pedometer, but that's all I wanted. I opted for Fitbit, because I liked the "sociability" of the app. And badges. (I'm a sucker, what can I say?) Safe to say, I'm satisfied I went this direction. I'm always up for new pals! I'm not a competitive person, as a rule, but it's stupid effective for the Fitbit!

FOUR|
Disney's Shop Parks app is rapidly becoming a new favorite. See, when you live near WDW and have in your possession an Annual Pass, you can do gift shopping in the parks! I love that I can see something posted online, search it in the app, and it will not only tell me which locations carry the item, but also whether the item is in stock, low stock, or sold out. I  cannot tell you how much time this saved me Christmas shopping in 2015! (You can also purchase some items through the app--some can only be bought in the parks--but...why would I pay for shipping??)

FIVE|
I have no fewer than four different weather apps (not counting the one that came installed on my phone and cannot be deleted). You'd think one would be sufficient, yes? Except that I like them all for different reasons and, being the indecisive Libra that I am, I am unable to eliminate any of them, so I use them all (not at the same time, obviously), based on my current mood.

6 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Friday, January 15, 2016 10:30:00 AM  

OK - I Just downloaded that Shop Disney app...you know, in case I need it in February. :)

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 15, 2016 10:37:00 AM  

You just never know, Krystyn! I downloaded it and thought I'd barely ever open it. Ha.

R's Rue Friday, January 15, 2016 10:38:00 AM  

Glad to have found your blog.
scoopfrmahandicapper.blogspot.com

Kate at Green Fashionista Friday, January 15, 2016 5:54:00 PM  

Oooh I'll have to check out that Disney Shops app! And yesss to drinking more water! Happy Friday :-D
Green Fashionista

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:23:00 PM  

You can track water usage on the Fitbit app. At least, on the dashboard on the computer, it's easy and I think you can do it on the phone app. I go through phases of tracking my water. I'm not right now, because I"m in a good groove of having a glass of water before every meal, plus I have water with lunch and dinner. That makes it pretty easy to get my H2O in every day :)

I would love to do the Swarm one, I love badges and stickers too, but someone (cough, cough) has issues with me checking in and especially posting where I am. Security measures and all that :) It looks fun though!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:58:00 PM  

Stacy: I've been playing around with it. I still wish it would give me a little nudge, though. My biggest problem is rarely *feeling* thirsty and subsequently forgetting, so I almost never drink unless I'm eating and I just cannot consume that much liquid in a short period of time!

I try to be pretty security conscious as well, so I check in as I am *leaving* instead of when I arrive. I figure that makes it tough to stalk me. ;-) And never ever at home or work, since I don't want those locations known publicly. I also only allow them to cross post to Twitter and/or Facebook on rare occasion.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP