Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Intentions: 2016

I want to learn: more about my camera. I shoot almost entirely in manual, comfortably, but I've gotten lax and I know there is so much more I can learn.

I want to read: 40 books. Hopefully *not* racing the ball as it drops in NYC.

I want to make: that blasted pile of old magazines history, once and for freaking all!! I got through some last year, but not all, and this is it. Determined!

I want to visit: someplace new. I don't even know where. Just someplace new.

I want to get: my passport. I did all the research last year. 2016, this gets crossed off the list.

I want to change: the empty, empty walls of this house, which we've lived in coming up on four years now. I chicken out because it means putting holes in the walls and I'm an indecisive Libra. What if I don't like where something is hung??

I want to be better at: drinking enough water. I mostly do all right on workdays, now that I have my two 20-ounce water bottles, but on days that I'm not at work (and even some that I am), I just don't get there and I'd like reach at least 60 ounces.

6 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:10:00 AM  

It's harder for me to get my H2O in on weekends too...so much easier when I'm sitting at my desk!

*krystyn* Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:10:00 AM  

Oh and I like the new layout....looks great!!!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:32:00 AM  

Thanks, Krystyn! I still loved the colors but I was a little bored with the look, so I decided to play around yesterday and give it a mini refresh. I feel like it looks a little cleaner and more updated, but still like my space. =)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:33:00 AM  

Plus I really wanted to add the social media buttons.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Friday, January 15, 2016 12:25:00 PM  

Wow, I feel like a total failure, since I take photos almost exclusively in automatic mode. I never try manual (hanging head in shame) :(

I've got to do the magazine thing too. I got two free subscriptions last year, with things I either bought or points I cashed in at a site I use. Now, those magazines are just sitting there, piled up. I'm not renewing the subscriptions, so I just need to clean those up.

Libra thing and holes in the wall. Oh my, how I can relate! Plus, I don't decorate well at all, and especially on a larger scale (we have high ceilings and big walls). Double stop signs for me.

I have one suggestion on the water - it's what we do, or try to do, every day. I have a glass of water before each meal. That way I get 24 oz just that way, or if I'm at home, I have a bigger cup I try to use, so sometimes 16 oz before each meal. It helps fill up my stomach before I eat (or so I try to convince myself). The one before breakfast is HARD though! And obviously, when eating out, it's harder to do. But we eat at home a lot, so that little bit helps me to get more water in. Do you track yours with Fitbit? :)

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 15, 2016 1:27:00 PM  

Stacy: It all depends if that's a goal you have or not! I really wanted to learn manual. I did a lot of reading online and just started playing. I have sooo much more to learn, but I like the satisfaction of learning it. I like having control over my depth of field in manual!

I am going to do a monthly photo of my (embarrassingly enormous hoarder) stack of magazines (some going back to 2013 OMG) and at the end of the year I want to do an all-inclusive post tracking the monthly progress. The only way I will be able to share it's horror, though, is after I know it's gone. Seriously, the pile is just...awful. LOL

I think I am going to just start with one room to break myself in. I feel like my house looks unloved! Or like we're planning to escape into the night. ;-)

I tried tracking it on Fitbit, but I feel like I need something with reminders. I honestly almost never feel thirsty so sometimes I forget to drink half the day!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP