Thursday, January 14, 2016

Disney Resolutions: 2015

My resolutions are based on fun. And nothing inspires more fun for me than a visit to one of my favorite places: Disney! It has become the inspiration for my one of my "January kick-off/year-in-review" posts. I'm in the parks enough that they should be quite do-able for me, as well as adding a new "dimension" to something I enjoy already.

My 2015 Disney Resolutions

1. Make a concerted effort to spend time in more parks than just Epcot. Due to the two Fests, which I love, I spend an awful lot of time there. That leaves the other three fairly neglected. I need to get reacquainted.
I managed to get to Magic Kingdom four times, and three times each to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Compared to the twenty ventures into EPCOT, those numbers seem, well, small, but they're up from 2014 (MK: 3, HS: 2, AK: 1). But even accounting for trips to EPCOT for Fests (13/20), that still leaves EPCOT as my most heavily visited park by a significant amount.

2. I recently read The Imagineering Field Guide to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Since it's my least favorite of the four parks, I tend to spend the least amount of time there. Reading the book showed me there are a ton of details I've missed in this park, as a result of spending minimal time exploring it. So, armed with my new knowledge, I want to make a point of spending some time wandering around in Hollywood Studios.
I did a little of this. I could stand to do more. Especially with this park set to change *so* much.



3. I want to eat at the following restaurants - Old favorites: Biergarten, and The Wave, because I haven't been in forever. Places I haven't tried yet: The Plaza Restaurant, and Flame Tree Barbecue.
75% failure rate. I ate at Biergarten twice, and at none of the other three. 

4. Attractions I haven't visited since 2012: The Enchanted Tiki Room. Mickey's PhilharMagic. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Reflections of China. Toy Story Midway Mania. Attractions I haven't visited since 2013: The Great Movie Ride. The Hall of Presidents. Liberty Square Riverboat. Walt Disney World Railroad.
Checked off: The Enchanted Tiki Room. Toy Story Midway Mania. The Great Movie Ride. The Hall of Presidents. Liberty Square Riverboat. Walt Disney World Railroad (my mom and I actually made three consecutive full circuits of the park, when she visited over Christmas, just as a way to escape the crowds and rest our feet).

5. Aiming a little lower, I'd like to visit three resort hotels at Christmastime, one of them new to me.
Not pictured: The Contemporary and Port Orleans Riverside, both of which I've visited in the past. My new to me visit: Caribbean Beach.




***********************************************

My 2016 Disney Resolutions

1. When I renew my Annual Pass in February, one of the new features will be all my Disney Photo Pass photo downloads will be free (as opposed to $15 *each*). I want to make use of this and have more photos done, especially with characters!

2. I want to eat at the following restaurants -
Old favorites: Sci-Fi Dine-In, The Wave and Narcoossee's.
Places I haven't tried yet: Be Our Guest, The Plaza Restaurant, Flame Tree Barbecue, and Garden Grill.

3. Attractions I haven't visited since 2012 (what?!): Mickey's PhilharMagic. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Reflections of China. Attractions I haven't visited since 2014: Tom Sawyer Island. Mad Tea Party. it's a small world. Peter Pan's Flight. The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Rafiki's Planet Watch. Festival of the Lion King. Flights of Wonder.

4. I am a huge fan of The Disney Food Blog. I am constantly drooling over the tasty blog posts they share. I need to stop drooling and start tasting! My goal: to try five new (to me), non-Fest foods that they feature on their blog.

5. I'd like to stay on property at least once in 2016.

Bonus: I'd love to think of a less boring name for this recurring post, but that's a lot of pressure and, as you can see, I've done nothing but draw blanks.

6 with their own thoughts:

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 15, 2016 9:41:00 AM  

April: If I don't make some plans, I totally get into ruts and do my favorite things over and over. ;-)

*krystyn* Friday, January 15, 2016 10:27:00 AM  

Oh yay - I think you'll knock out a lot of your resolutions on February 20th!!! Be Our Guest to name one!! :)

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 15, 2016 10:38:00 AM  

Krystyn: I think you're right!! So excited!!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Friday, January 15, 2016 2:13:00 PM  

I can't even leave a decent comment on this post. Having only been to Disney once and not a lot of hope of going back in the future (the other half of us wants to go to NEW places, see NEW things, do NEW things!), I am just completely jealous.

Can't wait to hear the results!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 15, 2016 2:19:00 PM  

Stacy: That's hard on a Libra! ;-) I like the balance of seeing new places and revisiting my favorite ones!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP