Monday, January 18, 2016

Around Here: January 18, 2016

It's Monday. I'm keeping it simple so I don't lose my unexpected blogging rhythm.


My favorite room is| my living room, right now, because it still has some Christmas lights and that makes me happy.

My signature dish is| well, I really like my stuffed shells, my husband frequently requests my meatloaf patties, and I think my pumpkin chili is pretty great. Would one of those qualify as "signature" though?

A recipe I'm scared to try| would be homemade donuts...although I am not sure if I'm afraid of failure or afraid that they will be really good, which could be dangerous.

My secret cleaning weapon is| an old pillowcase. Yep. Best way ever to clean the blades on a ceiling fan. Slip the case over the blade and pull slowly while removing. Dust contained!

I sleep in| pj pants or shorts and a tank top.

If I had an extra hour in my day, today, I would| get some more reading done. I got a little behind on my goal pace and with a big book on tap next, it's bad timing to be getting my momentum derailed.

My bag today| is the same one I carry to work everyday, my big thirty-one tote that I bought a year ago (I could've sworn I had a photo somewhere, but it's the "All-Day Organizing Tote," in a black and white print that isn't available anymore) and I honestly don't know how I ever lived without this bag. 

How did I ever live without| ...ummmm...see above, which may be cheating, a little, but it is truly the thing I use about which I actually say this. It's the perfect size and shape for what I carry on a daily basis, and it's held up amazingly well, considering it gets used at least six out of seven days of the week.

I have a style crush on| Savannah Guthrie. (I'd love to say Duchess Kate, but there's no way I could pull off those hats. And I would've said Kerry Washington's Olivia Pope, but she's annoyed me so much in this season of Scandal that I just can't even.)

I never leave the house without| my phone. Not because I can't survive without it, but because I feel like it's good personal security.

One thing on my bucket list| is to take a real sleigh ride. (Yes, we had a great time on our Disney "sleigh" ride on our Christmas Disney date, but I'd still love to experience a real one-horse open sleigh, jingle all the way, and all that jazz.)

In my closet, you'll find| the basket of clothes I should have put away on...uhhhh...Wednesday.

I will never care about| anything related to basketball with its squeaky sneakers and its echoy whistles and just no thank you.

I wish I could tell my younger self to| stop being so insecure. Those insecurities make you do *so* many foolish things you'll wish you hadn't. Just be you. The sooner you're you, the sooner you'll stop tripping all over yourself.

4 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10:02:00 AM  

Great list!! I'm w/you on basketball - blech!!!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10:08:00 AM  

Krystyn: When all else fails, list. ;-) I have piles of them waiting to deploy. But seriously, basketball and all its irritating noises. Why?? And what is the appeal? It's just so lost on me.

penuttpie Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:56:00 PM  

I really need to start reading more. Like, for reals. Because I'm pretty sure I've read 2 books in 2 years. (Hanging head in shame...) Does reading a million labs count?

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 21, 2016 10:02:00 PM  

G: I'm not sure it counts as fun reading at any rate. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP