Sunday, August 1, 2010

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: July 2010

photo of me


1) Candle scents this month:
Vanilla Cupcake. Cottage Breeze. Lavender Vanilla. Blueberry Scone. Berry Tangerine. Beach Walk.

2) What I am reading this month:
A stack of old magazines that I want to get into the recycling basket. I also have been reading a couple of chapters a night, before bed, of my favorite childhood series, The Little House books. I kept my set from when I was young & every so often, I like to read them again. It's like comfort food for my soul. I've gotten through about halfway on The Long Winter at this point.

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"Sunshine," Steve Azar. "Bless the Broken Road," Rascal Flatts. "Laughed Until We Cried," Jason Aldean.

4) Movies I saw:
None.

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
Walkoff wins for the Sox in consecutive games. I hate that we needed them but it sure is exhilarating when they happen!

6) Something yummy I made:
Cucumbers in Sour Cream. A throwback from my childhood. Just like Gram used to make.

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Souplantation. W's China Bistro. Macaroni Grill.

8) Something I am thankful for:
My optimism. Because honestly? I'm not sure how people without it make it through.

9) A goal I had for this month:
To relax & recharge. Mission accomplished.

10) This month I looked forward to:
Seeing the Sox play in Tampa. Attending the All Star Game in Anaheim. Getting another quick visit with K & E.

11) Something I want to remember about this month:
Seeking out a fan for each MLB team in an impromptu scavenger hunt at the All Star Game. The four of us kept scanning the people around us in a concerted effort to find *someone* representing each & every ball club. It just seemed like the perfect way to celebrate the sport we all love on a night when you gather as fans of the game.

12) A photo I took this month:

2 with their own thoughts:

Janet Monday, August 02, 2010 3:38:00 PM  

I like your answer to #8 :-)

Mega Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:10:00 PM  

That baseball pic is a great one. And you're not wearing a TB jersey! Nice.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP