Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Right Now: August 31, 2010

Outside my window... it's dark & quiet as the world settles down to sleep.

I am thinking... of the irony that is Hurricane Earl: While one might think it would be Florida cringing at the mention of a Category Four hurricane at the peak of tropical weather season, we are actually enjoying some slightly more comfortable weather (read: a little cooler & a little less humid, with some breezes), thanks to Earl sucking all the moisture out of the air as it rolls northward, with a greater chance of hitting the northeast than it does us.

I am thankful for... a comfortable bed to climb into.

From the kitchen... there was meatloaf patties, mashed potatoes & baby sweet peas.

I am wearing... boxer shorts & a Red Sox tee.

I am creating... a To Do list for this coming weekend.

I am going... to bed as soon as I'm done here. I'm falling asleep sitting up.

I am reading... three different books & I am about 90% done with all of them. I really need to just get them all finished.

I am hoping... the rest of this week goes by quickly. I am ready for a long holiday weekend.

I am hearing... the air conditioner kicking on.

Around the house... things are getting replaced. This week I got a new bathroom sink, faucet, plumbing underneath & a floor to my bathroom vanity.

One of my favorite things... noticing little habits & daily traditions that I learned from my Gram & continue to do myself.

I don't understand... mullets.

I wish... mosquitoes would stop snacking on me.

A few plans for the rest of the week... relaxing, tackling the To Do list, watching some Sox on tv(if Earl doesn't rain them out) and possibly putting new front tires on my car.

A picture to share...

3 with their own thoughts:

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, September 01, 2010 3:57:00 PM  

Janet: And limited edition Black Forest See's at that! So delicious.

RSA Certificate Wednesday, September 01, 2010 4:26:00 PM  

Yum! Maybe if mosquitoes got introduced to See's Candies they'd stop snacking on you ;)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP