Friday, August 6, 2010

It Crossed My Mind: August 5, 2010

**Brett Favre is a Libra. *I* am a Libra. Assuming you have been exposed to the media at any point over the last four years, and also assuming that you have ever been *anywhere* at all with me, I think I may have just stumbled upon a theory explaining his issues with decision-making.

**I have a locking file cabinet next to my desk at work now. It's the first week since starting here (six-plus years ago) that I haven't had to replace a single "missing" office supply from my desk. The decrease in my frustration level is directly proportionate to the increase felt by my co-workers. Imagine that.

**I have a hair...situation today. I am a week overdue for a haircut--which was supposed to take place last Saturday until my car started informing me that the feelings of immense dislike are mutual and I didn't feel safe making a 120-mile round trip--and when combined with the oppressively high humidity we've been experiencing here in Central Florida, my hair is attempting to take over the world. I *really* hope my car doesn't pull any shenanigans that interfere with my rescheduled appointment in the morning. I couldn't be held responsible for my actions, should that occur, and this hair is already making me looking dangerously close to a deranged crazy lady.

**Recently observed in the upstairs hallway of the office building: a sign posted over the air conditioner (which is built directly into the wall) stating "This is not an exit." Hmmmm...

**The Sox kick off a four-game series in New York tonight. I will be satisfied if we can just not get swept. I will be happy if we split. I will be thrilled if we can somehow pull off winning this series. I would be over the moon if we managed to sweep those pesky pinstripes. But I am not delusional. Yet. Let's just win one & start there.

**We're having baked potatoes with dinner tonight. (Done on the grill, in an effort to not have my oven on for an hour in the middle of the Florida Summer.) I can almost taste the buttery, sour-creamy, little-bit-of-salty goodness already.

1 with their own thoughts:

Tiffany Sunday, August 08, 2010 9:34:00 AM  

Hope you were able to make your hair appionment. A girl has got to have her hair done. LOL! Perhaps talking nice to car will go a long way in convincing the car to cooperate.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP