Thursday, January 1, 2009

Snapshot From Along the Broken Road: December 2008

photo of me


1) current candle scents: Sparkling Pine. Gingerbread.

2) what i am currently reading: The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (Stephen King).

3) newest music i added my playlist: "Wintersong" and "Song for a Winter's Night" by Sarah McLachlan.

4) movies i saw: Premonition. Elf. It's a Wonderful Life. A Murder of Crows. Anywhere But Here. The Nativity Story. Idiocracy. Brewster's Millions. Never Been Kissed.

5) something yummy i made this month:


6) the last place i ate out: Jack in the Box.

7) something that made me cry: Troy's family done up in Elf Yourself--the Disco & Country versions of the dancing were so funny, i laughed until i cried!

8) something that made me laugh: Athalia impressions.

9) something i looked forward to this month:


10) something i am thankful for: real true unconditional acceptance--both given & received.

11) something i want to remember about this month: how unbelievably spoiled i am. i don't forget but sometimes it hits me again just how lucky i really am.

12) a photo i took this month:

14 with their own thoughts:

Carrie Friday, January 02, 2009 9:09:00 AM  

Your entry makes me realize all the more how much I am just not ready to let go of the Holiday season. Yummy Christmas cookies, beautiful trees lit up, Christmas movies. *sigh*

Let's go back and do December all over again! Yeah! :)

(What's the yummy looking treat in the paper cups?)

Debi Friday, January 02, 2009 9:25:00 AM  

Such beautiful photos, and such beautiful thoughts.

May your 2009 be filled with love and joy and contentment, Dawn!

Anonymous,  Friday, January 02, 2009 4:45:00 PM  

Great photos! Christmas is such a beautiful time!

Nichole M Friday, January 02, 2009 8:57:00 PM  

There! Under you lamp! A little fish bowl!

FISH!

Ted D Friday, January 02, 2009 10:06:00 PM  

2) what i am currently reading: The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (Stephen King).

AWESOME book.

Happy New Year, Dawn.

Jeanne Friday, January 02, 2009 10:24:00 PM  

I'm missing all the holiday goodness already including that album "Wintersongs". Beautiful stuff. Hey I'm coming down there in May to visit my bf in JAX!

sue @ postcards from paradise falls Saturday, January 03, 2009 10:16:00 AM  

Oh my gosh, my sister did one of those ElfYourself videos with my niece. Cutest thing I've ever seen!

Those Christmas cookies look yummy!

Happy New Year!!

*krystyn* Saturday, January 03, 2009 6:55:00 PM  

Don't you just love those Hershey Kiss cookies? We made some too. Yum!

Jax Sunday, January 04, 2009 8:42:00 PM  

those cookies look so yummy, and the photo is great, too. Love those peanut butter Hershey Kiss cookies - I didnt have any of those this year!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:43:00 PM  

EatCrayons: I'm ready to extend the holidays too! I don't wanna take Christmas down. =( The ones in the paper cups are Candy Cane cookies. Recipe can be found in my recipe blog! And they are sooo yummy.

Debi: Thank you! And same to you!

CelticBuffy: Here's to a wonderful 2009!

Nichole: I wonder how many times I would knock it off of that table...

Ted: It was! I don't read much Stephen King, but at the insistence of a friend, I read it, and I am glad I did! I did read it while I was in California though, just in case I got afraid. ;-) I do live alone after all.

Jeanne: I have not stopped playing my music yet. =P

Happy New Year to you too, Steph!

Jedi Sue: To see four grown men & women and their mother as the faces of the elves was just about the funniest thing I remember seeing in a long time!

Krystyn: LOVE those cookies. They were the first ones gone too. LOL!

Jax: They are my "must bake" cookies every year. That & the chocolate/peppermint ones!

Janet Tuesday, January 06, 2009 4:26:00 PM  

You're a conehead!

I gave a Yankee Candle Gingerbread scent to my friend's daughter for Christmas...she loved it!

Is this your first time reading that book?

Those cookies look delish!

What is/are Athalia impressions?

Love that shot of your tree :-)

Mine'll be up Thursday.

gail@more than a song Wednesday, January 07, 2009 10:54:00 AM  

I want some of that cocoa that's in the pic of your header and some of your cookies! I so don't need them though.
Your tree pics are really pretty.

Did you stay in FL for Christmas or go somewhere? Are you going to visit your Cali friends for another christmas soon or somewhere else? I see a counter on the side!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP