Thursday, January 15, 2009

not that i'm complaining, mind you

i've truly been wishing for some cooler weather. it's refreshing after months of heat & humidity. plus i finally get to wear something different. you don'trealize that when the seasons and temperatures don't change much, you're stuck choosing from the same wardrobe everyday. hello sweater weather!

i realize that this doesn't even touch the frigid weather many of you are facing (a fact for which i am thankful because i have no doubt i would surely turn into a frozen Dawn-pop version of my former self) but just as proof that i'm not saying "hey! it's chilly here!" just because it's dropped to 70 degrees from 80...

you can click the image to enlarge it!

12 with their own thoughts:

Scott Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:34:00 AM  

Looks like Jan. 15 is your winter this year. ;-) My uncle in Houston used to say that they had a winter but he was out of town that day.

Michelle Quinno Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:05:00 AM  

Yikes, that is very cold for you guys!! Get some use out of those pretty sweaters.

It was 7 degrees when I left my house this morning. Can we say BRRRRRRRRRRRR...

Anonymous,  Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:52:00 AM  

Brrrrr! Although after today's 19 degrees I'm WISHING for 40 degrees again! LOL

CelticBuffy Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:37:00 AM  

I use that same header for my igoogle page too! Except my temps read "-10, -3. 0, 10" (and those are just the highs, don't even get me started on the overnight lows!). I'd rather have your forecast I think! :)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:46:00 AM  

Scott: We'll get about a week at least, according to the forecast as it is right now. We actually get these temps for about 2 months. Usually January & February. It was a couple of weeks late getting here though & I was quite ready for it!

mamichelle: I look forward to getting some use out of my real sweaters! I have 4 or 5 of them still!

April: No doubt! I am enjoying the brisk weather...knowing that it's only for a few short weeks down here. ;-)

CelticBuffy: I love the dynamic themes on iGoogle! I change mine with the seasons since that's the only way I'm going to get actual seasons in Florida. And ummm... I think I would rather have my forecast to thanks!

Anonymous,  Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:13:00 PM  

I'm trying to get my head around that our lovely summer days are the same as South Florida's winter days at the moment. I hadn't thought about not being able to wear different clothes... but that would be a shame. Sometimes I look at my wardrobe and think if I move to Florida I wouldn't take this or that... like knee high boots and stuff.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:29:00 PM  

thisgirlsjourney: Well we do get 6-8 weeks of chilly weather. You don't need a full Winter wardrobe for sure but I have half a dozen sweaters and a winter coat, stuff like that. The other things to remember are a) when you're used to 80, 45 feels like the Arctic and b) you spend a lot of the Summer indoors, where it is air conditioned, which where I work means that I can wear a light sweater in July. =P

Anonymous,  Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:49:00 PM  

Just THINKING about 39 degrees makes me sweat inside.

Still freezing outside, of course.

J-Dawg's Realm Friday, January 16, 2009 7:21:00 AM  

Dawn

Even worse this morning than I sent to you yesterday:

Actual temp -15F
Wind chill -41F
Temp on truck BURRR
mirror

:) Remind me again why I moved here? I think I am going to go back in time and beeeyatch-slap the Nordic inbreed who decided THIS was a GREAT place to start a civilization! LOL

J

gail@more than a song Friday, January 16, 2009 9:33:00 AM  

I can't imagine how cold it is elsewhere, it's cold enough for us in the deep south! Teens for us a few nights and highs in the 30's here.

Anonymous,  Friday, January 16, 2009 2:42:00 PM  

That's cold for Florida! And I know that it feels even colder because of the damp air (speaking as a Louisiana native who knows that 36 down there feels much harsher than 36 here in Kansas).

~**Dawn**~ Monday, January 19, 2009 11:54:00 AM  

Joe: I know, I know. All things being relative though!

J-Dawg: I really wanted to say "which is why the smarter parts of the population moved SOUTH" but...when I look around me...that argument just does not hold water.

Gail: And our the coldest night yet is coming tomorrow. Lows in the UPPER 20s!

Candace: Thank you for saying that! I swear people think I am making that up!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP