Sunday, January 4, 2009

20 Questions: January 4, 2009

1. What are three things that are on your desk that shouldn’t be?at work? some invoices i pulled before Christmas, the 2008 Resale Certificates that need to be filed with year end and the sales & invoicing reports from last Wednesday. and at home, if memory serves me correctly (which, right now, is debatable), my hymnal, a stack of photos that needs to be scanned and some receipts that should be filed.

2. My roommate and I once:
...thought that living together would be a good idea. joke was on me.

3. What was the last thing you bought online?
restocked on my Vanilla Bean Noel, once it was half off.

4. Favorite color associated with Autumn:
deep red.

5. What were you watching when the writers strike brought new tv show episodes to a halt?
Boston Legal. Lipstick Jungle. Cashmere Mafia. Samantha Who. Grey's Anatomy. Private Practice. Ghost Whisperer. Cane. i think that's it... Private Practice's season was cut very short. Lipstick Jungle has really struggled & will hopefully survive. no clue if Cashmere Mafia is coming back. and Cane was given the axe. =/

6. How many times a week do you put gas in your car?
usually no more than once, and that's typically just to top off the tank.

7. What 3 words do you think of when I say sandwich?
ham. tomato. mustard.

8. What is the worst thing you’ve ever eaten?
grits quiche. hands down. even when someone is a fantastic cook, some experiments go horribly awry.

9. What is the correct order in which to wash your body and shampoo your hair while you’re taking a shower?
i wash my face first. then i was my hair & put in conditioner, which i let sit while i wash up. last thing before getting out of the shower is rinsing the conditioner.

10. What are you wearing?
a navy blue striped button down shirt with a tan tank top underneath. khaki cargo pants. my brown heeled boots.

11. What were the last five things you did in the past few hours?
assembled 2009 Accounts Receivable file folders. corrected an invoice that was missing a line item. alerted Accounting that a credit was due. cried uncle. hid under my desk.

12. What 3 things do you think of when I say “wedding anniversary”?
romantic. milestones. commitment.

13. Were you named after a relative? Tell me the story of your given name or middle name or, heck, even your nickname?
my name has no real story. i wasn't named after anyone at all. my dad wanted to name me Megan and my mom wanted to name me Danielle (i think...) but some how they came up with Dawn. i was going to be Dawn Marie but they decided Marie was too common and changed it to Lynn. scintillating, isn't it? my nickname, Nonny, has a cute story though. when i did daycare, one of my babies, Jordyn, couldn't say Dawn, so she called me Nonny. and in some circles, this has stuck. =)

14. The next person to ring my doorbell had better ____________.
...explain how they did that since i don't even *have* a doorbell

15. How many paying jobs have you had?
eleven, if you count all the babysitting i did as a kid.

16. What food smell makes your mouth water?
anything baking in the oven. meatloaf. stuffed shells. turkey. ham. cookies.

17. If you could be any age again for one week, what age would you be?
ummm...7. i was old enough to do things on my own and the homework was still a walk in the park. my only responsibility was to change into play clothes when i got home from school. even better is if i could be 7 *last* week--Christmas break!!

18. When you look out your window, what do you see?
cars & trucks. sky. chain link fence. machine shop building. and the top of some shrubs.

19. Of all the people you know, who is the best at getting to the heart of things in serious discussions?
i would have to say Nichole.

20. Quick! Off the top of your head list 4 words to describe you today, just as you are right now. (It could be thinking, feeling, looking, etc.- use your imagination.)
disoriented. tired. chilly. shaggy-haired.

4 with their own thoughts:

Nichole M Tuesday, January 06, 2009 7:27:00 PM  

1. a book about fish!!

5. Journeyman got killed by the trike. It had one of the guys from Rome in it. It was *really* good. :-(

6. 2-3. ugh.

9. Shampoo first. Let it sit while I warm up. Then conditioner. Let that sit while I wash the bod. Then rinse out. Then wash face +/- exfoliate.

19. Me, really me? I thought for sure you'd say Daniel. I hope that's a good thing...

20. melancholy, distracted, freshly-coiffed, thirsty

gail@more than a song Wednesday, January 07, 2009 10:46:00 AM  

I wish I'd thought about getting more vanilla bean noel online! I LOVE that stuff, especially the body cream...I went to the store to get more before Christmas and it was gone. Of course with a broken computer and really slooooow old one I might not have gotten it online either! I did get a body spray for like 3.75 though. I'm gonna miss it when it's gone and hopefully do better next year.

marianne Thursday, January 08, 2009 12:47:00 AM  

ewwww... grits quiche! There are not words... :p

Janet Thursday, January 08, 2009 4:00:00 PM  

I was making Portuguese kale soup yesterday and the mixture of chorico, garlic and onions smelled SO good!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP