Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Grace in Small Things 5:365

1. lists. i love lists. i have tons of them going at any one time. some are meant to be short-lived, others to be added to over time. some recorded in one way or another, while others are just tucked into the back of my mind.

2. i almost always keep my iPod on shuffle of all the songs i have on it. i love when Alan Jackson singing "How Great Thou Art" pops up randomly. i have it on there because it reminds me of my Gram and i can hear her sweet soprano in my mind, singing along, just as she used to spontaneously break out into song while working in the kitchen:

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

3. pajamas.

4. my February issue of Redbook in the mail.

5. windows open, letting in fresh cool air.


Visit Grace in Small Things

5 with their own thoughts:

Unknown Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:40:00 AM  

Ahh the little things in life we overlook so often.
Its good to be reminded to stop and smell the roses sometimes.

Anonymous,  Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:09:00 PM  

I LOVE Alan Jackson's version of "How Great Thou Art." That is my favorite hymn, no matter who sings it, but his version is really good.

Jeanne Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:18:00 PM  

I got my February issue of Redbook in the mail today too. I love getting a favorite magazine in the mail. It's so nice to come home to.

Carrie Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:06:00 PM  

What a happy, refreshing list!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:01:00 PM  

Marc: This blog project is really good for reminding yourself of that very thing. When you know the goal is to think of 5 "little things" each day, you really tune into how easy they can be to overlook.

Candace: I think he does an amazing job with that song too. That whole CD is really good & I think it's because he sings without "performing" the hymns.

Jeanne: A fresh magazine in the mail always makes for a good mail day. =)

EatCrayons: I am really enjoying this project. Let's see how I feel about it when I have a bad day though. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP