Sunday, January 18, 2009

20 Questions: January 18, 2009

1. What are your five favorite kinds of candy?
See's chocolates. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Twix (the original version). Peanut Butter M&Ms. Hershey's Bliss (the milk chocolate with the meltaway center).

2. Do you think that gift cards are suitable gifts to give? Do you find them to be impersonal?
i see no problem with giving a gift card. and i do not think it is impersonal. sometimes it just makes more sense to buy a gift card when you aren't sure exactly what someone needs or what would fit but you know that they can shop at a particular location & pick out exactly what they want. the only gift i think is truly impersonal is cash and even then...who's complaining??

3. What is your blog about? How long have you been blogging? Why did you begin blogging? Is it the the same reason that you continue to blog today?
i have been blogging since December 26, 2004. which i guess means that i recently passed my fourth blogiversary. my blog is about me. it is meant to capture "me" as i may be at any given moment in time. i started my blog so that i had a concrete place to do this and i am proud to say that my blog still fits the same "mold" it did when i started it but i? i am nowhere near the same person. and i love that i have it all here.

4. What is your favorite Hostess treat?
good grief. i have been having a Hostess cupcake craving for two weeks now. you know, the chocolate ones with the chocolate frosting that has the little white squiggle on top & the cream center. i was so good when i went grocery shopping yesterday. i saw them & marched right past with (almost) no hesitation. and now this?? ::sigh::

5. How much money is in your wallet right now?
ummm...$53.18. that would be: 2 twenties, 12 singles, 4 quarters, 1 dime and 8 pennies.

6. How connected are you? Can you be reached by cellphone, internet, email, etc…. at all hours of the day? Do you ever (would you ever?) shut it all off, and how long could you go without technology?
very very very connected. my cell phone is always with me (other than the rare occasion that i forget it) so i am available via phone call or text. i also am usually connected to the internet in one way or another, even if i am not right by the computer. the only exceptions are: i am not online when i am driving to & from work or when i will be away from home for several days. and i do not bring my cell into church with me; i leave it in the car because i even though it could be on silent, i would be worried about a malfunction of some sort & having it go off during the service. i am usually only completely shut off when i am flying. i could turn it all off apart from that...but i don't see any reason to. i go a little crazy when i lose power or internet, but mostly because the ability to use it is taken out of my hands. when the choice is mine, it doesn't bother me at all, although i would probably start to miss it in a couple of days, because i frequently jump online to find out information.

7. If your bologna had a first name, what would it be?
Advil. (as i mentioned, bologna gives me a headache.)

8. What celebrity are you tired of hearing about lately?
Britney. seriously, enough already.

9. Which are your favorite blog plug-ins and widgets?
i like the little mood widgets. and the weather ones. and Twitter!

10. When I turn my head left:
there is a copy/fax machine. and can i just say that lately the paper smells weird after it goes through the copier? very chemical smelling. almost like chlorine.

11. If you had a crystal ball that could tell you the truth about any one thing you wished to know about yourself, life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
i want to know if i will ever have kids (which i guess would tell me some additional information about myself by default since i don't plan on having them without being married). but other than that? i'm good not knowing.

12. How do you know when you're in love?
as my Gram used to tell me: love is like the flu--if you have to ask, you don't have it.

13. Do you order Girl Scout Cookies? What kind are your favorites?
i don't order them since there are always Girl Scouts hanging out in front of my grocery store, selling them, but i do buy some. usually some Thin Mints and some Tagalongs.

14. If you could teach one person a lesson in humility, who would you choose?
heh. if you know me much at all, you know *exactly* who i am thinking of. and if you don't, consider yourself lucky.

15. What’s your favorite romantic song?
lately, it's a toss up between "Like Red on a Rose" by Alan Jackson and "Another Side of You" by Joe Nichols.

16. What is in your nightstand?
alarm clock. coaster. phone. lamp. tv remote. bottle of Vanilla Bean Noel lotion. a photo of me & my Gram when i was about a year old. a tea light holder with a Cranberry Chutney tea light in it.

17. If you had to pick a game to play from the following, which one would you pick: Chess, Backgammon, Scrabble, or Battleship?
Scrabble. Battleship would be my second choice.

18. If you could pair up any two single people you know, who would you pick?
do i even know anyone who is still single...?

19. What websites are you willing to admit to visiting daily?
Google Reader and Gmail are probably the only two i visit daily. there are others that i visit frequently but not every single day. and Google Reader allows me to read the content of many sites without having to actually go to them.

20. Someone says February and you think:
my Gram's birthday, February 4. and February 12, when pitchers & catchers report to Spring Training.

6 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Monday, January 19, 2009 1:04:00 PM  

I watched a show on some food channel one time, did you know they have a special machine that makes that squiggly white frosting on the Hostess cupcakes? It was pretty neat.

Ew, I'm not a bologna fan either, ate it too much as a kid.

We have similar tastes in Girl Scout cookies. Yum!

Anonymous,  Monday, January 19, 2009 1:22:00 PM  

How sad that "The Broken Road" mold still fits you 4 years and counting.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, January 19, 2009 1:49:00 PM  

Krystyn: I am shocked that they would even share that much! I would think that Hostess cupcake swirl would be a trade secret!

Anonymous: I suppose you would need to know that "the broken road" is not a reflection of *me* but rather of life, which is never a smooth path. I wouldn't have my "road" be any other way, because it's shaped who I am. In fact, it is the very broken-ness of the road that has made me strong. It does not define its passenger but rather provides opportunities to grow. So no, actually, it is not sad that my road is still broken, because life is not perfect, but it certainly does not force *me* to be broken, no matter what that road brings my way--it's all about the perspective you choose and how you handle the rough patches of road. And that is why my blog is called "THOUGHTS FROM ALONG the Broken Road." Thanks for your concern though.

sue @ postcards from paradise falls Monday, January 19, 2009 2:02:00 PM  

Yummy... Hostess cupcakes! I'm partial to Twinkies though.

Oh... and I'm still single *Ü*

~**Dawn**~ Monday, January 19, 2009 2:05:00 PM  

Jedi Sue: I might be able to think of a couple of single guy friends, if I put my mind to it... ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP