Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sunday Stealing: December 30, 2008

courtesy of Sunday Stealing

The TV Meme

1. Name a TV show [or] series in which you have seen every episode at least twice:
Friends.

2. Name a show you can't miss:
thanks to DVR, i don't miss very many shows anymore. those that i have to watch as soon as possible are: Grey's Anatomy, Fringe and Dexter. Boston Legal was also on this list before it ended. oh! and Red Sox games! must. see.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to watch a show:
James Spader.

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to watch a show:
David Spade.

5. Name a show you can, and do, quote from:
Friends.

6. Name a show you like that no one else enjoys:
i don't know that *no* one else enjoys it, but i'm always very surprised to come across someone who also like Ghost Whisperer.

7. Name a TV show which you've been known to sing the theme song:
i don't really sing any tv show theme songs that i know of...

8. Name a show you would recommend everyone to watch:
hmmm... we all have such different tastes in tv but i would always recommend catching reruns of Boston Legal!

9. Name a TV series you own:
Sex and the City.

10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium, but has surprised you with his/her acting chops in television:
i'm going to have to move on to the next question, because absolutely no one is coming to mind.

11. What is your favorite episode of your favorite series?
the Thanksgiving episode of Friends when they flashback to past Thanksgivings and Joey's head gets stuck in a turkey.

12. Name a show you keep meaning to watch, but you just haven't gotten around to yet:
i'm watching or have watched pretty much all the shows i've been meaning to, at least as far as i know.

13. Ever quit watching a show because it was so bad?
sure have!

14. Name a show that's made you cry multiple times:
Grey's Anatomy. the episodes with the old people get me every time.

15. What do you eat when you watch TV?
nothing specific. sometimes dinner. or snacks. or dessert.

16. How often do you watch TV?
it's almost always on when i'm home, just for background noise, but actually sit down & watch with no other distractions or activities? about an hour a night--not counting baseball season when the Sox are on.

17. What's the last TV show you watched?
i think Family Guy was on last night when i finally gave in & called it a night...?

18. What's your favorite/preferred genre of TV?
sports!! and then probably drama.

19. What was the first TV show you were obsessed with?
Beverly Hills 90210.

20. What TV show do you wish you never watched?
LOST. it still hurts my brain to think about that show. i don't like to work that hard to watch tv.

21. What's the weirdest show you enjoyed?
weirdest? define weird.

22. What TV show scared you the most?
i don't remember what it was called but there was a show on for a while that was kind of horror-ish in concept and i inadvertently saw an episode that scared the bejeezus out of me.

23. What is the funniest TV show you have ever watched?
there are episodes of Friends that *still* make me laugh til i cry, even though i've seen them all so many times.

11 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:34:00 PM  

Good list. I may have to try this but I'm thinking that my answers may end up being quite boring since there is little time for TV in my life these days. I dropped so many shows this past Fall, it's not even funny.

*krystyn* Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:34:00 PM  

Oh yeah and I am SO WITH YOU on David Spade - blech!!! Double blech!!!

J-Dawg's Realm Tuesday, December 30, 2008 6:49:00 PM  

Lets see...since you are a Friend's officionado:

Ross: I would date her but there is a big age difference.
Joey: Well think about it when you're 90...
Ross: I know, she'll be 80 and it won't be such a big difference.
Joey: No. What I was gonna say is when you're 90 you'll still have the memory of what it was like to be with a 20-year-old.
-----------------------------
Ross: Oh, really? Well, I guess Monica should know about Atlantic City.
Chandler: Du-ude!
Monica: What happened in Atlantic City?
Ross: Well, Chandler and I are in a bar...
Chandler: Did you not hear me say, "Du-ude"?
Ross: ...and this girl is making eyes at Chandler, okay? So after a while he just goes over to her and, uh, after a minute or two, I see them kissing. Now, I know what you're thinking. Chandler's not the type of guy who just goes to bars and makes out with girls. And you're right. Chandler's not the type of guy just goes to bars and makes out with girls.
Monica: You kissed a guy? Oh my God.
Chandler: In my defense, it was dark and he was a very pretty guy.
-------------------------------
How can you forget Janice!
OH..........
MY...........
GAWD!!!!!!!!
------------------------------
Joey: Just because she went to Yale drama, she thinks she's like the greatest actress since, since, sliced bread!
Chandler: Ah, Sliced Bread, a wonderful Lady MacBeth.
Joey: God, I just, I hate her! I hate her! With her, "Oh, I'm so talented." and "Oh, I'm so pretty," and "Ooh, I smell so good."
Chandler: I think somebody has a crush on somebody.
Joey: Hey, Chandler, can we please stay focused on my problem here? Y'know?
Chandler: I'm talking about you. You big, big freak.
-------------------------------
Monica: Chandler, it's okay. You don't have to be so macho all the time.
Chandler: I'm not macho.
Monica: You're right. I don't know what I was thinking.
-------------------------------
Chandler: You can't come in.
Monica: Why not?
Chandler: Because, uh, Ross is naked.
Ross: What?
Chandler: Well, I couldn't tell her *I* was naked. She's allowed to see me naked.
Ross: Why does *anyone* have to be naked?
---------------------------------
Monica: Look, Chandler, I feel really bad about this. Please have this bachelor party.
Chandler: No.
Monica: Stop being a baby and watch the hot woman get naked.
Chandler: ...All right.
Joey: YEAH.
Chandler: But, I'm only doing this for you... And Joey.
Monica: Ok, so who's going to be there?
Chandler: No, no, no. Just Ross and Joey is humiliating enough.
Ross: Well, actually, I have a date tonight.
Chandler: Yeah, I understand. What kind of guy would blow off a date for a fake bachelor party.
Joey: [on cell phone] Yeah, baby, I'm not gonna make it tonight...
----------------------------

OK enough Friends quotes LOL There are so many! I wish I had the DVD series -- another christmas wish for next year already LOL

J

Dawn Tuesday, December 30, 2008 8:16:00 PM  

That was a fun one to read. I guess because I am a tv junkie!! I love Ghost Whisperer. I still don't know what the fate of Jim will be!!!!

I'm always singing theme songs. I can't get them out of my head!

Thanks for coming by with your well wishes. My most heartfelt wishes are coming your way for a wonderful new year!!!

take care,
Dawn

sue @ postcards from paradise falls Tuesday, December 30, 2008 8:49:00 PM  

I'm gonna have to remember this meme... I love TV!!!! Hehe.

And I quote Friends on a VERY regular basis. I even do the "fake flipping you off" thing with your fists that Ross did. I'm SUCH a dork.

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!

CelticBuffy Wednesday, December 31, 2008 1:00:00 AM  

I protest! I LOVE Ghost Whisperer! So you're not the only one liking that show. :)

Nichole M Wednesday, December 31, 2008 11:18:00 AM  

Even though I'm not a huge Friends fan, I do the fake flip off, too. Enough people know what it means and I can't do the *real* flip of in so many situations, but it is *so* often deserved. ;-)

Carrie Wednesday, December 31, 2008 9:29:00 PM  

Will always watch the Sox play. I love Friends, that Thanksgiving episode is one of my favorites. I really enjoy Ghost Whisperer, however I didn't at first. Lost, forget it. Lost hasn't interested me at all. How long can it possibly go on for, I wonder?

Julie Thursday, January 01, 2009 10:32:00 AM  

Dawn, you and I have a lot in common, when I read your lists like these it makes me smile that someone else likes them. Sorry except for baseball-can't stand it and well my hubby is a Yankees fan!! Oh but I SOOOOO love ghost whisperer and i am with you no one watches it...maybe we're the only ones at home fridays at 8pm LOL...
I love LOST but I also love trying to figure things out, but I kinda gave up and just go with it now.

Happy New Years!!!!!!!

jenny Friday, January 02, 2009 12:20:00 PM  

I'm so with you on LOST. I gave up halfway through the second season...too much work and dedication - with no DVR you can't miss a week. Not for me.

We're polar opposites, televisionwise but I'd still love to watch a Sox game with you!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:54:00 PM  

Krystyn: He is an obnoxious little troll, isn't he? =P

J-Dawg: If I thought about it for a bit, I bet I could name each of the episodes those scenes came from!

Dawn: That is such a strange story line. That makes two of my shows with strange story lines right now (Grey's has one going too) and I can't figure out where on earth the writers are going with them!

Jedi Sue: I do the same thing! LOL

Celtic Buffy: I know you do! I think that I may have to switch to saying "Eleventh Hour" or "The Mentalist" now when I answer questions about shows I don't think anyone else watches! How do you feel about the Jim story line though? I'm wishing which ever one of them is dreaming would just wake up already. =P

Nichole: We do that at work all the time! It's pretty funny.

EatCrayons: I started watching Ghost Whisperer mid way through the first season because there was nothing on. It was pretty bad back then but it was like a train wreck. I couldn't stop watching & now I'm hooked!

Julie: Maybe you don't like baseball because you're forced to watch the Yankees & deep down you're a Red Sox fan? ;-) You may be right about us being the only ones home at 8pm on Friday but that just means the others don't know what they're missing right??

Jenny: The Sox are all that matter anyway. ;-) As Stephen King says "Red Sox baseball is the best thing on television. Everything else sucks."

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP