Tuesday, December 16, 2008

P is for post.

a couple of weeks ago, Joe did a post similar to this on his blog. the basic idea: leave a comment on this post requesting a letter (like i did on Joe's), and i’ll assign you one. then you write about 10 things you love that begin with your assigned letter. post it on your blog and when people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on. got it? good! moving on.

Joe says my letter is P. hmmm... P. couldn't have given me B, R or S, right Joe? too easy. (no Boston. no Red Sox.) and no M or L for mmmmm...Mike Lowell... Joe clearly wants me to think here.

P.

well, since i can't find a way to spin P into anything to do with my favorite baseball team, how about we start with...

1. the Philadelphia Phillies! my love for them is not nearly equal to that of my boys from Boston, but they will forever have my gratitude for preventing the Rays from winning the World Series. i love them for that!

2. the Patriots. you can take the girl out of New England but you can't make her root for her local sports teams. bleh.

3. ohhh!!! ::slaps forehead:: PEDROIA!! let's face it, he's no Mike Lowell (wink wink nudge nudge) but he certainly brings the style of play i enjoy watching to the table. i love that he lays it all out there when he plays. he runs his mouth a little more than i might prefer & i know he's the sort of player other teams' fans love to hate, but i love that he's ours! and ours for another six years at that!

4. packages in the mail. i love to send them. i love to receive them--even if they are something i bought for myself. and there is no such thing as a box in the mail too small to get excited over. happies in the mail are *always* a good thing!

5. peanut butter. is there really a more perfect food? it plays nicely with chocolate. and jelly. you can put it on apple slices. or crackers. you can put it into cookies. or eat it straight off a spoon. yummy.

6. Private Practice. total chick show, i know. but it's one of my must-sees. which i am slowly running out of, by the way. Boston Legal has ended. Dexter's season is over. we are months away from baseball. ::sigh::

7. photos. i really really love photos. not just taking them or looking at my own, but old family photos. other people's photos. old photos. family photos. vacation photos. baby photos. when someone has photos, i am always sincere in my excitement to see them.

8. on the subject of photos, there is also Picasa. i know Flickr is where all the cool kids play, but i really like the Picasa software for organizing my photos on my computer. and also the ease with which i can seamlessly upload my photos to my Picasa Web albums for backup & for sharing. there are some basic photo editing tools in Picasa, and when those don't suit my needs, i am also a big fan of (bonus P!) Picnik.

9. Pirates of the Caribbean--the Disneyland version. the one here in Florida, at Magic Kingdom, was one of my all-time favorite Disney attractions. and then? i was lucky enough to go on the California version. i still enjoy it but that one *totally* puts the one here to shame.

10. Pioneer Valley Days. not just being nice here. Joe's blog is in my top ten list of blogs to read. i'm really glad i discovered it!

turns out i could have gone on & on! there are also: poinsettias (which always remind me of my Gram at Christmas time), potatoes (mashed, boiled, baked, fries, chips, roasted, hasbrowns, yummy), possibilities (who doesn't like the anticipation of endless possibility??), peppermint (mmm...candy canes & York Peppermint Patties...), Priority Mail (hooray, two-to-three-day delivery for those packages mentioned above!), pine-scented Yankee Candles (Sparkling Pine, Mistletoe, Christmas Wreath, Balsam & Cedar--all make that artificial tree feel a little more real), Post-it notes (oh the wonder!), Planet Earth (the show from the Discovery Channel--serious WOW, no matter how many times i see it). great letter choice after all, Joe!

18 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:25:00 PM  

Did not expect #10. That's very much appreciated.

Jac did L, and I did M. Otherwise I totally would have given you a chance to tout your guy. Not that you didn't anyway... :-)

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:22:00 PM  

Joe: You know it always comes back to Mike Lowell. ;-) What am I going to do if the Sox land Tex...? =(

Janet Wednesday, December 17, 2008 4:01:00 PM  

Have you tried the Junior Mints with peppermint sprinkles? OMG so good!!!

Jeanne Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:05:00 PM  

oohh what a cool idea. I'll play Dawn. And for such a tough letter you came up with some awesome stuff.

Anonymous,  Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:37:00 AM  

Is the Pirates ride at Disneyland longer than at Disney world? I went to Disneyland when I was pretty young but it was my favourite ride and it seemed pretty different to Florida.... but I wasn't sure if that was just my distorted memories?

I'll play your game!

Anonymous,  Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:36:00 AM  

Fun, I'll play. :-)

Rebecca Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:20:00 PM  

Hey D! I'll do this for my Saturday survey if you assign me a letter! I had P a few years ago...it was a good one. :)

Sorry I havent been by the blog lately - seriously, facebook has completely monopolized my attention!!!

Anonymous,  Friday, December 19, 2008 5:02:00 PM  

I know you already gave me a letter, but I just had to tell you that i LOVE your blog header, it is so yummy!!! mmmmmmm!!!

I'll have my letter up in the next couple days probably.

Anonymous,  Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:52:00 AM  

what about Jon Papelbon?!

I'll take a letter :)

~**Dawn**~ Monday, December 22, 2008 9:12:00 AM  

Thank you, LFM! It makes me want some everytime I see it but it's just not cold enough here for that...

Erin: While I love what Mr Papelbon does, he is still on My List for running his mouth last Spring Training, putting himself over Mariano Rivera. He still has something to prove, three seasons into his Major League career. =P I will head on over to your blog to leave you a letter!

*krystyn* Monday, December 22, 2008 8:13:00 PM  

Boy I am having a HECK of a time coming up with 10 things that start with the letter "M" - I think I have 5 or 6 so far...it may be a few days before I can finish that post! :)

Anonymous,  Tuesday, December 23, 2008 12:11:00 PM  

haha. fair enough. my post for the letter M is up!

Bickley Wednesday, December 24, 2008 7:08:00 AM  

Was that a Monty Python shout-out??

J-Dawg's Realm Sunday, January 04, 2009 11:10:00 AM  

OK FINALLY (3 weeks later) getting around to doing my blog about my given letter of "D" -- I was going to tell you, I found a GREAT program called GIMP, which is a phenominal program (along the lines of Photoshop) and its FREE!! Been using it for a few months, and the possibilities are endless!

J

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP