Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmased

my apartment has been Christmased. my blog has been Christmased. my cards have been ordered. my gifts will be wrapped this evening. Christmas music is playing the office. and now? the Christmas meme (courtesy of Lil Foot's Mommy)!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? unless the shape of a gift simply will not lend itself to being wrapped wiith paper, i prefer to use wrapping paper and ribbons and bows. i actually enjoy the gift wrapping process.

2. Real tree or Artificial? i would prefer real but they are just too expensive in Florida, so artificial is better than no tree at all because i can't afford one.

3. When do you put up the tree? on the first Sunday of Advent or as close to it as i can get. this year, due to travelling & not feeling well, it went up this past weekend.

4. When do you take the tree down? after Epiphany--so most likely the second weekend of January this year.

5. Do you like eggnog? no thanks. i would prefer to have hot apple cider or hot chocolate instead.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? truthfully, no one gift stands out in my mind. i always loved all my gifts.

7. Hardest person to buy for? my father's wife. i have a theory on this...

8. Easiest person to buy for? my dad. in fact, he's so easy for me to buy for that i have to cut myself off!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? several. i have a miniature nativity and also a Precious Moments one that my Gram & Gramp gave me.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail! i know i always love seeing the cards that appear in my mailbox.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? i got this sweater from the ex's parents one year... yikes...

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? (i have to pick more than one, i can't help it) classic: It's a Wonderful Life. comedy: Elf. drama: The Nativity Story.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? well, i am always on the lookout for The Perfect Gift, but i officially start in October. i need to be done by the first week of December so that all the gifts can be wrapped & put into the mail early enough to reach their destinations before Christmas.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? i don't think so...

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies!!

16. Lights on the tree? are you kidding me?? that is my favorite part of having a tree! having all the lights off except for the tree. and i want my tree to have colored lights please.

17. Favorite Christmas song? "O Little Town of Bethlehem" and "White Christmas".

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? a little of both!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? i sure can!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? i've done both when i had multiple places to celebrate Christmas, but these days, i prefer Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying part about this time of year? the fact that so many people tell me that the way i celebrate Christmas, as a Christian, is offensive to them and that i should keep it to myself, but i am not allowed to be offended by the way that any of these people celebrate Christmas or whichever is their Winter holiday of choice. the fact is, their holidays *don't* offend me, but why am i the only one required to be tolerant? can't they just respect my traditions as i respect theirs? ok, enough controversary. it's threatening to dampen my Christmas cheer & that's just not acceptable.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? i *love* my ornaments. every single one of them. some belonged to my grandparents or my dad and were passed along to me. some i've had since i was a child. some i have acquired on my own or received as gifts since becoming an adult. but they all mean something special to me. i guess if you were to look for a common "theme," you would see that i have lots of stars, angels, snowflakes, snowmen, gingerbread men and jingle bells on my tree.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? i don't think i have a favorite food that i *must* have for it to feel like Christmas dinner. it's all about the company.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? for the people i care about to enjoy the gifts i picked for them. all the rest is bonus.

13 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Monday, December 08, 2008 1:18:00 PM  

Great list!! Where are you spending Christmas this year?

Ted D Monday, December 08, 2008 1:31:00 PM  

//Real tree or Artificial?//

After cleaning up approximately 1,236,942 pine needles this morning off the floor I'm thinking I should have listened to my wife and went artificial.

Do you go back to New England for Christmas, Dawn?

Anonymous,  Monday, December 08, 2008 1:31:00 PM  

I love Christmas decorating, but until our kitchen remodel is done and the fridge and microwave leave our living room, can't do it. Hoping this week, though. Doesn't feel Christmasy until the tree is up.

No time to respond to all of these, but when I think of Christmas movies/shows, it's ALL about Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. And Elf is the moment in history when Zooey Deschanel reached her pinnacle of adorable hotness. I'm just sayin'.

That's one of your best banners, by the way.

Suldog Monday, December 08, 2008 3:10:00 PM  

God bless you for #25. That's what it's all about. I feel exactly the same.

Redbeard76 Monday, December 08, 2008 4:22:00 PM  

#5 - Egg Nog. Ugggghhhh. Tastes the same going down as it does coming back up. (sorry, hope I didn't ruin anyone's appetite! LOL)BTW I enjoyed a very tasty Hot Cocoa last night for the first time in aeons. With whipped cream on top. Yum.

JMP Monday, December 08, 2008 6:15:00 PM  

Now I know it is officially Christmas time...Dawn has updated her site!!!

Thanks Dawn!!!!
May Santa be extra nice to you this year!!!

( Balsam Yankee Candle is burning!!! Smells sooo good!!!) :>)

Anonymous,  Monday, December 08, 2008 11:37:00 PM  

love that you have "decorated" the blog :)

Michelle Quinno Tuesday, December 09, 2008 10:46:00 AM  

Love the way you did your blog!!

I did this meme last week. It was fun!

Colleen Tuesday, December 09, 2008 1:42:00 PM  

#12 I have still never seen Elf. Apparently it is all the rave every year? I think I shall have to remedy that ;) p.s. Love the blog colors, D.

Janet Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:15:00 PM  

Oh, I'm SO with you on 25!!! I love seeing the smile on someone else's face :-)

And my favorite holiday movie is Scrooged!

kreed Friday, December 12, 2008 10:12:00 AM  

Maybe you can come over and get me "Christmased"...I haven't even gotten decorations up yet!

Carrie Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:48:00 AM  

Awesome.
I love your Christmas-y blog header, yum!
I'm so happy to read that I'm not the only one who dislikes eggnog.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP