Friday, December 5, 2008

Snapshot From Along the Broken Road: November 2008

photo of me

this was taken in the lobby of the Disneyland Hotel, as we were resort hotel hopping to check out the Christmas decorations--and may i just say that i do not know why i look like i am in pain, standing there. that wasn't coming until later... =P

1) current candle scents: Apple Butter (retired scent). Gingersnaps (retired scent). Vanilla Caramel (newly retired scent).

2) what i am currently reading: "Love the One You're With," by Emily Giffin. "America Alone," by Mark Steyn.

3) newest music i added my playlist: "Let It Be Christmas" by Alan Jackson. "Realize" by Colbie Caillat. "In Color" by Jamey Johnson. "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. "Come On Get Higher" by Matt Nathanson. "Christmas Time Is Here" by Sarah McLachlan. "Alabama" by Cross Canadian Ragweed. "Gotta Be Somebody" by Nickelback. "Hide Your Matches," "About Life," "I'd Just Be With You," and "My Hallelujah Song" by Julianne Hough.

4) movies i saw: A Good Year. Elf. Candleshoe.

5) something yummy i made this month: i boiled some Yukon Gold potatoes, and put just a hint of butter, salt & parsley on them. very simple dish but brought back priceless memories of my Gram. this was one of my favorite ways to have potatoes as a child and she would make them often, just because she knew i loved them.

6) the last place i ate out: Hook's Pointe at Disneyland.

7) something that made me cry: the past, rearing its ugly head.

8) something that made me laugh: how amused Nichole's brother Steven was to sneak up on & startle me while the three of us were out scoring deals on Black Friday. (actually, they did all the shopping. i just helped carry bags, offered opinions, bought a pound of See's chocolates and apparently provided the entertainment.)

9) something i looked forward to this month: Thanksgiving dinner.

10) something i am thankful for: that the best people have my back, without ever being asked.

11) something i want to remember about this month: in regard to Number Seven (and Number Ten), that i never face anything alone.

12) a photo i took this month:

taken at the Main Street Confectionery, Magic Kingdom

one more thing for this month.
i have been a horrible, rude blog friend for not doing this sooner, but the totally awesome Lil Foot's Mommy had a contest on her blog back when her little family was on vacation in Hawaii, which i won, and she sent me this wonderful package of goodies in the mail! Yankee Candles!! and chocolate...

i am so happy that this goofy thing called blogging has brought me yet another great friend--and that has nothing to do with getting a box of happy in the mail.

10 with their own thoughts:

Mega Friday, December 05, 2008 9:31:00 AM  

My thanksgiving dinner this year consisted of a turkey sandwich at the hospital. Hope you ate enough for me too. PS where is your santa hat?

Michelle Quinno Friday, December 05, 2008 10:19:00 AM  

Hmmmm...interesting - lemon lavender. I wonder if I'd like that. Lavender gives me a headache but I'd probably like the mix!

We have pretty much the same taste in music. I love Matt N., Jason M., Colbie, etc.

I loved the photo of the candy shop. I want that wreath!! Yum.

You do not look like you're in pain. It's a nice photo!

Whew! Having said all that, have a nice weekend!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, December 05, 2008 10:57:00 AM  

Mega: That does not sound like fun. I'm sorry you had to be at the hospital for any reason, especially on Thanksgiving.

mamichelle: I am the exact opposite--I love lavender but lemon can get to me--but the two scents play very nicely together. ;-) That wreath was so cool! It was made of Mickey-shaped white chocolate covered pretzels! (Well not real ones, but that was the design they chose.) I liked that the "candy" display was up on top of some shelves so that I could get that perspective. And as for that photo? I look (to myself, anyway) like I am kind of hunched in pain--maybe because I remember being hunched in pain later that night. =P I mostly think I was just tired from walking around all day. ;-)

Anonymous,  Friday, December 05, 2008 11:05:00 AM  

My Nana used to make my favorites when I'd come over. Her special pizza ... meatballs ... spinach and potatoes ... bowties and cabbage (which Jenn has taken to, so I get to make it a lot now).

That was a nice memory you brought to mind, thanks.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, December 05, 2008 11:18:00 AM  

Joe: I love when I come across something that causes a random warm memory to resurface. I'm glad I was able to give you a good walk down memory lane too. =)

*krystyn* Friday, December 05, 2008 2:20:00 PM  

That is a really cute pic of you, Nichole and Daniel!!

Chele76 Friday, December 05, 2008 5:51:00 PM  

too bad you were sick, but it looks like you had a good month :)

Anonymous,  Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:29:00 PM  

Have you finished the chocolate yet? Gosh those are so yummy!
I am so glad we've come to be friends!

Anonymous,  Monday, December 08, 2008 1:57:00 PM  

Ran across the Lemon Lavender in a Yankee Candle display at Cracker Barrel this weekend. Very nice scent.

Janet Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:27:00 PM  

You have the BEST friends, Dawn!!! And I love that song "Realize" by Colbie Caillat.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP