Wednesday, December 20, 2006

they really do conspire to make me crazy



apparently they *haven't* finalized anything with JD Drew. what a shame. ::rolls eyes:: i just don't understand why we insist on picking this guy up when he can't even make it through the off season to Spring Training without his health being a concern. why they don't just talk to Trot already, who would play for a beer & a hot dog, i just don't know. they better get on that though, before something painful happens, like it has already started to with Mark Loretta. =( it was sickening enough to read this line from Surviving Grady: Of course, the most unthinkable of all would be Trot Nixon in the stripes.

the good news is that they have found two more relief pitchers to round out the bullpen -- and, thankfully, neither of them are named Rudy Seanez. =P i have to say that i am enjoying the enthusiastic attitude that Donnelly is bringing with him:
Donnelly, to the LA Times: It stinks that I'm leaving the Angels, because they were the only team that gave me a chance ... The flip side is, I'm going to Boston, and the fans there embrace baseball like no other. I'm excited about getting a fresh start, being with a team that's going to win. I'm leaving a good rivalry with the Angels and Oakland and going to the biggest rivalry of all, Boston-New York. (The Joy of Sox)

it also looks as though they have found a way to start paying off that enormous price tag hanging around Matsu's neck.

now, if anyone should need me, i will be huddled in a corner, trying to escape the mental images of Loretta & Nixon in Evil Attire.

3 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, December 20, 2006 3:08:00 PM  

If Loretta appeared in stripes, I couldn't jeer him. I couldn't. I would just fall silent, deathly silent, for his every at-bat. And if Trot -- Trot who along with Millar gave us the cry, "Cowboy Up!" -- were to appear in the uniform of the Enemy, I think... I think I would just cry.

*~*Michelle*~* Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:15:00 PM  

:::fingers in ears::::
La La La La La
Is someone saying something?
What? Sports talk?
I can't heeeeaaaar you! :)

Anonymous,  Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:47:00 PM  

Okay, I'm going to be brutally honest. I *could* see Loretta in pinstripes. Not that he's a sell-out bastard like that *other* guy who is now dead to me, but if the Sox don't pick him up again, his options will be limited. As far as Trot goes, however, I don't think he would *ever* go to the Evil Empire for *any* reason. I suspect he'd rather play in the minors than with *them*.

Michelle: :-P

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP