Sunday, December 10, 2006

By the Way Sunday: December 10, 2006



~Let It Snow~

By the way...

Does it snow where you live?
no, not very often. it did snow a little bit, north of Orlando, just before Thanksgiving, but i didn't see any where i live. thank God!!
If not, have you ever seen snow in person?
i sure have! and lots of it! when i was a kid growing up in Connecticut, there was lots of snow almost every year. then we went through a number of years where we would get dustings & a little snow once in a while, but winter was mainly cold, dreary & brown. my senior year of high school, we had a crazy winter & all but maybe one year after that the winters were *very* snowy. perhaps the snowiest i had ever seen!

Do you like snow or do you consider it a nuisance?
i like it for Christmas & i love to see it outside, falling softly or sparkling on the trees. but generally speaking, driving in it, cleaning it off your car, stepping into slush puddles, all that nasty brown slop that the snow turns into from sanding the roads, the salt that collects on your car... nuisance -- with a capital N! but when you see it, pristine & glistening... somehow it's worth it.

Do you have any experience with shoveling snow?
*oh* yeah! tons -- of experience *and* snow! =P

Have you ever built a snowman?
sure have! i made a couple of really big ones in my day!

If you had a choice would you prefer Christmas with snow or without?
Christmas is definitely the one time i would love to have snow. it makes everything look so perfect...

If you could hit anyone with a snowball right now, who would it be? (all in good fun)
hmmmm... i think it would be... Andie, because she would be the last one expecting it i bet! plus she has a great sense of humor. ;-)

~I Know It's Christmas~

By the way...

Complete these sentences...
I know it's Christmas when I hear...
Christmas carols playing in the stores.
I know it's Christmas when I see... Christmas trees appearing in the windows of houses.
I know it's Christmas when I feel... the peace that washes over me during a midweek Advent service.
I know it's Christmas at my house when... i have a pile of presents waiting to be wrapped! =)
I know it's Christmas in my town when... they have the annual Christmas parade (though I've never been to it. i hear lots of stories about it at work though...)

2 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Sunday, December 10, 2006 8:25:00 PM  

Ooh, fun. I haven't played BTWS in a while, I might have to do this one at my blog. Thanks Dawn!!!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:27:00 PM  

The thing that I found most annoying about living in snow is the ice. So it snows and then it gets to slightly above freezing during the day, then it dips below at night. Over and over. Which creates a nice thick layer of ice in parking lots and sidewalks were the city or business owners never shoveled. But it ensured that *I* get the shovel out and make sure that the melting snow was out of the way by the time darkness came!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP