Sunday, December 10, 2006

my Saturday in photos

i decided to head back over to Disney World yesterday, even though it was breezy & a little chilly for this Floridian. ;-)

first stop, Disney's MGM Studios for the Hollywood Holly-Day Parade, complete with characters & cars all decked out with holiday cheer:



Snow White's car had a gift from each of the Seven Dwarfs piled onto the back! =)


and one of my personal favorites, loaded in the back of the "villain car" were crates of Bah Humbug, a pail full of coal & a sack of switches. ha!


and of course, it wouldn't have been complete without an appearance from Santa Claus


after that, i was off to the Magic Kingdom, just in time to catch the Main Street Christmas tree lighting ceremony & then enjoy the holiday lights as they started to glow...






before heading home, i visted the resorts surrounding the Magic Kingdom to see the decorations at ...the Contemporary...


...the Polynesian...


...the Grand Floridian...


...and one of my favorite resorts, the Wilderness Lodge.


but the unexpected highlight of the evening, was the *perfect* location, on the dock at the Wilderness Lodge, for watching the night launch of the shuttle Discovery. (forgive the blurry photos, other than the first one which i borrowed from The Ledger, because i was attempting to photograph a moving object in the dark without the aid of a tripod. i still think they look so cool, especially the glow of the shuttle lighting up the sky before it even came into view over the trees!)



9 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Sunday, December 10, 2006 10:03:00 PM  

that is so cool. I hope to see the shuttle take off sometime in my life.

Anonymous,  Sunday, December 10, 2006 10:27:00 PM  

Oh wow, such great photos! I'd love to visit Disney at Christmas, how magical and beautiful :) And you've seen something that is on my list to see before I die - a space shuttle launch. I better hurry before they ground the whole fleet, huh?!

Great pictures!

Anonymous,  Monday, December 11, 2006 12:02:00 AM  

How cool is that!! Great photos!

*~*Michelle*~* Monday, December 11, 2006 6:27:00 AM  

Hey, good shuttle pix! We could see it a little, but nothing like that.

And...I need to comment on the Gingerbread dude. He's creepy, Dawn. Creepy. I don't know what he is scheming, but the little dude is no innocent bundle of sugar and joy. Watch him....watch him very closely!

Anonymous,  Monday, December 11, 2006 9:18:00 AM  

Great pics - now I'm DYING to go to WDW!!

Anonymous,  Monday, December 11, 2006 11:54:00 AM  

Hey love the pictures!!!! wanted to let you know we are here....moving drama to come..wont have furnityure for another week!

marianne Monday, December 11, 2006 1:38:00 PM  

great WDW photos - waaaay cool shuttle bonus!

Anonymous,  Monday, December 11, 2006 9:56:00 PM  

Great photos! My son really enjoyed looking at them. I hope to bring him to Disneyland someday.

He particular likes Lilo and Stitch right now because of the DVD I gave him recently. He was thrilled to see them on that cool car.

Rach

Anonymous,  Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:24:00 PM  

that MGM parade looks really cool! I remember when I first saw the tree in the Grand Floridian. I just stood there for a few moments with my jaw on the floor. It was so tall that I couldn't even get a picture with the whole thing in my screen...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP