Thursday, December 7, 2006

Dawn's Thursday Thirteen, Edition Fifteen: Fa-la-la-la!




Thirteen Favorite Christmas Carols & Songs
(of which *all* the verses must be sung!)



1) O Little Town of Bethlehem

2) Silent Night (in both Emglish *and* German, please!)

3) White Christmas

4) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

5) Oh Come All Ye Faithful

6) We Three Kings

7) What Child Is This? (the *real* version, not the "adjusted" one...)

8) O Holy Night

9) Hark the Herald Angels Sing!

10) Joy to the World (my Gram's favorite Christmas carol)

11) Mary Did You Know

12) I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day

13) Breath of Heaven


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


9 with their own thoughts:

Tug Thursday, December 07, 2006 12:03:00 PM  

#'s 7, 8, 11...LOVE!

Happy TT!

Anonymous,  Thursday, December 07, 2006 12:16:00 PM  

I see we share a taste in Christmas music. Love your list. TFS

Cindy Swanson Thursday, December 07, 2006 12:44:00 PM  

All beautiful! I think "Mary Did You Know" is quickly moving into its rightful place as a Christmas classic. That is one beautiful song. Did you know Christian comedian Mark Lowry co-wrote it? Amazing.

Anonymous,  Thursday, December 07, 2006 2:22:00 PM  

I like all of these. Looks like you're kinda particular about how they're sung too. So am I.

I don't like folks messing with the Christmas songs, trying to change the timing of the words to jazz it up or whatever. I like my Christmas music pretty much straight-up traditional.

Anonymous,  Thursday, December 07, 2006 8:12:00 PM  

What's a faco? And who do you like singing White Christmas? The dying goat? ;-) I haven't heard the "adjusted" What Child... don't think I want to. Why does this stuff need to be adjusted anyway?? :-P

Anonymous,  Friday, December 08, 2006 12:22:00 AM  

I love O Holy Night. It makes me cry.

*~*Michelle*~* Friday, December 08, 2006 2:17:00 PM  

Hark the Herald Angels sing is my fav!

Anonymous,  Friday, December 08, 2006 2:26:00 PM  

I absolutely love Oh Holy Night - it still reminds me of my fourth grade Christmas Show

Anonymous,  Friday, December 08, 2006 3:30:00 PM  

Wonderful list, one and all :) I love Christmas music!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP