Friday, December 8, 2006

Friday's Feast: December 8, 2006



Feast One Hundred & Twenty One

Appetizer
Which language would you like to learn and why?

though i would imagine that Spanish would be the most useful choice here, i'm going to go with German, for a number of reasons. first, it's the language my (paternal) grandparents grew up speaking at home (though they also spoke English). second, my sister-in-law speaks German. and finally, it's just "more interesting" to say you speak German instead of one of the "more popular" European languages.

Soup
What's the funniest thing you've heard or read so far this week?

how about one of each? =)
heard: yesterday afternoon, the owner of the company borrowed my roll of tape. when he returned it to me, he had a piece of tape stuck to his finger. (he'd pulled off one piece too many.) he extended his hand to me with the piece of tape on it, in an attempt to give it back. i looked at him & asked "what am i supposed to do with *that*?" he grinned & replied: "stick it." LOL!! ok, ok, but it cracked *us* up!
and read: that would have to be Nichole's blog entry, "my Christmas scent", which totally made me laugh this morning.

Salad
Which movie was so bad you couldn't watch the whole thing?

i didn't like "The Matrix." at. all. fell asleep about fifteen minutes into it. i found "Friday Night Lights" virtually unwatchable as well.

Main Course
If there were a holiday in your honor that didn't use your actual name, what would the day be called?

i think we need a day to be super nice to everyone. and i think we should call it Sunshine Day. you know, like "spread a little sunshine." i've tried to adopt this attitude at work ever since i worked as a showroom coordinator at a car dealership. i figured that i could handle a cranky customer (and believe me, there were some cranky customers! somehow, even though *I* didn't cause the unhappiness, it was *my* job to deal with it & smooth it over), let it get to me & then take it out on the next unsuspecting (and undeserving!) person, not to mention that it would serve no purpose other than to feed the bad mood. instead, whatever happened in a customer interaction, *stayed* in that interaction, and no matter how cranky that interaction may have made me, i greeted the next person with the same sunny attitude that i did the first customer of the day. seems cheesy, but it worked! when you stay sunny, the crankiness has no place to take hold & hang on. =)

Dessert
Name one movie which is coming out soon that you would like to see.

both of the movies that i am wanting to see right now already came out. i want to see "The Fountain" (has the potential to be a good love story -- what can i say? i'm girlie like that) and i am curious about "The Nativity."

7 with their own thoughts:

Unknown Friday, December 08, 2006 9:59:00 AM  

Welcome to Friday´s Feast! Thanks for the delicious feast you served =)

Happy Sunshine-Day from Germany,

San

Anonymous,  Friday, December 08, 2006 10:32:00 AM  

Nice feast. :) I like your appetizer and main course. My husband and I learned German before moving to Munich this summer (he works about 60% of the time in a German environment, so had to have a good grasp of the language before moving here). It was fun, but challenging.

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous,  Friday, December 08, 2006 12:57:00 PM  

Completely agree with your salad. I thought I was the only person in the world that didn't like "The Matrix"!

Anonymous,  Friday, December 08, 2006 3:23:00 PM  

I agree about The Matrix. I was very confused after seeing it.

Anonymous,  Friday, December 08, 2006 3:27:00 PM  

Ooh, great feast Dawn! Loved reading your answers. I admire you for wanting to learn German (my nephew took it in school and said it was tough), but you have great reasons :) Love Sunshine Day too, very good one!

Have a great Friday!!!

TJ Friday, December 08, 2006 4:13:00 PM  

Hello Dawn and nice to meet you through the Feast...Nicoles entry which I clicked over to read is pretty funny...
:-D

Anonymous,  Friday, December 08, 2006 8:04:00 PM  

I like Sunshine Day. I know the theory behind it is totally true, but sometimes I'm simply too tired and overworked and take out my crankiness on other people. :-( The Natvitiy looks like it could be good or bad. But I don't want any bad feelings about that kind of movie right before Christmas. Better to wait for video methinks...

Oh, and thanks for the plug. :-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP