Monday, February 27, 2006

the definition of terror

we have an abundance of black widow spiders where i work.

i know, a bit alarming in & of itself. but hold on. there's more.

i'm driving down the road to the post office after work & i see one hanging onto my window. yikes. but i figure that i can get out of the car & flip it off with an envelope or something. (right. i had a ministroke just thinking about getting that close.)

ya know what's worse than that though?

getting out of the car & not being able to find the damn thing anymore. if it held on all the way down the road from work to the post office, then the turn into the parking lot sure didn't dislodge the creepy little thing.

so now i picture it findng a little crevice of some sort to hide in. and ultimately finding a way to get INTO my car.

joy.

everytime the slightest sensation runs over my skin while i'm in the car now, i just know my heart is gonig to stop.

6 with their own thoughts:

Michelle W. Monday, February 27, 2006 5:45:00 PM  

Oh mine, I don't think that's going to happen. Let's just hope he went somewhere else to live in peace now. eeek.

Michelle

Lisa Carroll Monday, February 27, 2006 11:55:00 PM  

OH MAN.

Most spiders don't bug me so much, but THOSE creep me out. We have TONS out here. Late summer, we've even found two or three egg sacs in the backyard! I HATE letting the kiddos run around back there that time of year.

I so so so feel for you! I think I'd sell my car. ROFL

*~*Michelle*~* Tuesday, February 28, 2006 5:44:00 AM  

OMG, you win the bravery badge my friend. I could so not do that. I cannot even squish ants anymore. Anything with more than two legs smaller than a bunny creeps me out.

Anonymous,  Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:24:00 AM  

I couldn't figure out how to email you, but I wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to read, relate and post on my blog. I can't tell you how much comfort your words bring me. You are so right! It may all seem overwhelming and all-consuming right now, but it will soon become routine. Thanks so much Dawn!

justem Tuesday, February 28, 2006 6:28:00 PM  

I am quite freaked out right now...thanks a lot ;)

Beefy Friday, March 03, 2006 6:49:00 AM  

Spiders suck. I don't care what kind, they're all equally as bad. Black Widow's are dangerous, but to me so are daddy long legs lol.

I was driving one day and there was one that had to show himself to me, and he did that by hanging down from the ceiling, right in front of my face. He was of no threat, but he's a spider and that is my biggest fear. I damn near wrecked trying to swat him out of the window lol. UGH!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP