Wednesday, October 19, 2005

attempt at self-distraction

trying to shake the lingering sadness caused by the incident in the earlier post...and i've been meaning to do this for a while now anyway. before the line was borrowed from Krystyn and after the line was borrowed from Stacy:

Ten Years Ago: October 1995
i was in my 2nd year of college. i was working from 3am-8am at Caldor. going home to shower. doing my field work for school from 9am-noon. going out to the University of Hartford for class from 1-5pm. going *back* to Caldor & working from 6-11pm. doing homework until midnight or later. getting an hour or so of sleep. repeat. mayb be the only thing that kept me sane while struggling with my boyfriend being gone away to college out of state.

Five Years Ago: October 2000
my dad had just had his stroke & was in a rehab center. we were awaiting his open heart surgery. i had just started dating Ken. and Heather was the first of my close friends to get married.

One Year Ago: October 2004
Ken flew Alison in as a surprise for my birthday gift. i had been at [the company where i work] for 5 months & was just starting to truly understand how lucky i am to have this job...

Yesterday: Thursday
just another day: went to work. was busy. came home. didn't feel like cooking. went to Pizza Hut for dinner. watched tv. played online. went to bed.

Five Songs I Know All The Words To:
1. "Me & You" by Kenny Chesney
2. "Kind & Generous" by Natalie Merchant
3. "Keeper of the Stars" by Tracy Byrd
4. "This One's For the Girls" by Martina McBride
5. "I'll Back You Up" by Dave Matthews Band

Five Snacks:
1. ice cream
2. Pringles
3. Oreos
4. popcorn
5. granola bar

Five things I'd do with 100 million dollars:
1. pay off my debt
2. wipe out the debt if those i love
3. build & furnish a house *exactly* the way i want it
4. set up a trust fund for my god daughter
5. continue working for as long as i like my job, keeping the rest of my $$ tucked away for "later"

Five places I'd run away to:
1. upstate New York
2. Washington DC
3. Vegas
4. someplace secluded (but still with creature comforts lol)
5. Boston

Five things I would never wear:
1. a thong bikini
2. a facial piercing of any sort (other than the single hole i have in each ear)
3. a strapless dress (not enough to hold it up lol)
4. a mini skirt
5. a fur coat

Five Favorite TV Shows:
1. Friends
2. Sex & the City
3. CSI
4. any NFL game!!
5. PTI

Five greatest joys:
1. the man
2. my friends
3. Catherine
4. my puppy
5. another Patriots Super Bowl victory (lol)
5a. ok seriously: seeing a beautiful sunrise or sunset

Five favorite toys:
1. my computer
2. the digital camera that Andie lent to me
3. my blog
4. Disney World!!
5. do i have a fifth favorite toy??

Current Reads:
just some magazines. i really need to find a new book...

Five People I am tagging to do this:
1. Andie
2. Heather
3. Michelle
4. Chele
5. Lisa
and anyone else who wants to play too (make sure you leave a comment so i can check your list out though!!)

-----------------------------------------------

5 Things I plan to do before I die:
1. go to DisneyLand
2. see more of the United States
3. learn to let go of the past
4. take really good photos
5. become completely debt-free

5 Things I can do:
1. be a good friend
2. figure out html on my own
3. proofread--for anyone but myself that is lol
4. get through any of the Disney World theme parks with my eyes closed
5. think of song lyrics to put into words something i am otherwise struggling to say

5 Things I cannot do:
1. speak in front of a large group
2. dance lol
3. math
4. ride a roller coaster
5. ski

5 Things that attract me to members of the opposite sex:
1. eyes
2. voice
3. upper arms
4. ability to make me laugh
5. "protective"

5 Things I say most often:
1. it'll be all right
2. Casey get OFF of me (to my pup lol)
3. he's working in the shop right now but i can offer you his voice mail
4. i'm sorry
5. are you kidding me?!

5 Celebrity Crushes:
1. Chris Cagle
2. Gary Alan
3. Brett Favre
4. John Cusack
5. Andy Griggs

2 with their own thoughts:

Lisa Carroll Sunday, October 23, 2005 2:11:00 PM  

Holy crap! How did I miss this?! LOL I had NO idea you tagged me... *blush* OK, better get started... :)

Heather Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:21:00 AM  

so just realized you tagged me.... loving to do it need your help of course.... can you email it to me and i will email it back??? also my side bar numbers are off. can you look at it and fix it and add also when i turn 30 (just around the corner ;))

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP