Monday, October 3, 2005

absolute & utter DISGUST

what a piece of garbage sports week i just suffered through. *grumble grumble*

i went 7-6 in the football pool. which means again i will have at best a slightly better than .500 week. that is just aggravating. and remember those 5 games i struggled to pick? 1-4!! so if i had gone with my gut & picked the Giants, Redskins & Eagles i would have been 4-1 cause my gut was to go with the Chiefs so i'm not as ticked about that loss. at least the funny feeling about the Bills paid off i guess...


went in search of the Patriots game but the place i went couldn't figure out how to work their satellite tv so they didn't have it on, not that i wanted to see them get crushed 41-17. my poor depleted injury-stricken Patriots...


had to watch the Bucs play instead & win on a cheap reversal when the Lions should have won. that was a trash call. reverse a TD like that when there was nothing conclusive to overturn the original!! ARGHHHH!!!!


if i have to hear about "the Manning brothers" & their 8 TDs/no interceptions ONE MORE TIME, the steam coming from Central FL isn't going to be some weird volcanic activity so no one panic--it is just ME having a meltdown!! i dislike them more every time i hear their names...*gag* (i found a photo to go with this but i just can't bring myself to add their faces to my blog...)

in fantasy football, i dropped from 1st place undefeated to 3rd place. well i haven't yet but i will. as soon as Stephen Davis doesn't get me like 25 points. i'm only behind by 7 but my opponent has 2 players in tonight's game to my one...so unless the Panthers move the ball down the field a LOT using no one but Davis, i'm done.

20 laps into a race that he should have been a contender in, Dale Jr was tangled up in a crash that Jimmie Johnson caused but tried to blame on Jr. someone needs to find that cheating punk & kick his @ss. twice. *glaring*



only bright spot was the Red Sox who have clinched the AL Wildcard. but that still makes me feel kind of sick if their pitching doesn't VASTLY improve overnight.


and now i have to watch the Packers on Monday Night Football. the Packers who i HATE to see lose but i didn't pick them & i need the win in the pool, not to mention i have a bigtime Carolina running back as my only hope in fantasy football, playing against someone with Greenbay's Donald Driver (not to mention the Carolina kicker--who i hope misses everything his foot touches!)...

*sigh* believe me Tom, i feel the very same way. it HAS to go up from here...right?

5 with their own thoughts:

*~*Michelle*~* Monday, October 03, 2005 7:43:00 AM  

I am exhausted just reading all that -- I feel like I've done it! :)

Beefy Monday, October 03, 2005 8:50:00 AM  

Man... and before monday night football I'm 8-8. This week was pretty good to me... lol. Sorry to hear about your picks *snicker*

*krystyn* Monday, October 03, 2005 9:36:00 AM  

I'm not much for football-but I love reading your Sunday updates...LOL! I suggest you DONT ever move to Knoxville due to your intense hatred towards the Manning bros...I'm sure you understand.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, October 03, 2005 9:39:00 AM  

i know i know lol...i can't help it though. the funny thing is look at where i live & i hate the TAMPA BAY BUCS!

glad my football commentary can be enjoyable even for non-football fans. ;-)

Jamie Monday, October 03, 2005 12:45:00 PM  

I always love your football updates too! I can't believe my Broncos pulled off the win in Jacksonville yesterday! We've never won there, so it was super exciting! I didn't get to watch the game because I was having lunch with my bloggin pal Mai Lian (woo-hoo!), but I heard it was a good game! :) Bummer about your Pat's, my friend Andrew who's from boston is also devestated about the Pat's state right now. they are killing his fantasy football league right now. He feels your pain! :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP