Friday, December 31, 2010

Year in Review: 2010

1. What did you do in 2010 that you have never done before?
I rode Big Thunder Mountain! (Yes, that is kind of a big deal to me. It's symbolic in a way only I may be able to appreciate.)

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for 2011?
I believe in goals more than resolutions. I crossed some off my list in 2010--most notably, establishing a cleaning routine that works for me, and finally organizing my closets--and replaced them with new goals as they presented themselves. I still have some items on that list that need work. I'm ok with that. It means I still have some living to do.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2010?
Oh my goodness, yes. My very first nephew was born in early June. And two of my dearest friends back in Connecticut had sweet baby girls toward the end of the year.

4. Did anyone close to you die in 2010?
Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit this year?
I stayed right here in the United States. In fact, I barely even left my state. It seemed more people came here this year & I kinda liked that!

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
I would like a little less personal drama. While I am sure there are life lessons to be learned from them, I could still do without it.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 21, the day the drama descended.

8. What was your biggest struggle in 2010?
Despite the drama, I didn't struggle with finding peace, for which I am grateful. I have a pretty strong core to rely on & an equally strong support system to shore me up when I need it. What I struggled most with was my insurance company, but I finally got off the hamster wheel & moved forward again.

9. Did you suffer any illness or injury in 2010?
I don't think you can call it either injury or illness. I just discovered I have a fibroid that requires some attention--around which all this drama has swirled.

10. What was the best thing you bought this year?
I bought precious little this year, except for my car. And while I like it far better than its predecessor, I wouldn't say it was my best purchase. I was kind of hoping to put that purchase off for a while longer. I think my best purchases were the gifts I was able to find for loved ones.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My support system for rallying around me when I needed it most.

12. Whose behavior disappointed you?
I can't really think of anyone. I've weeded out so many of those responsible for disappointing me in the past.

13. Where did most of your money go?
Paying off bills & living expenses. I am so looking forward to the day that I can say into my savings!

14. What did you get really really excited about this year?
Seeing the Sox play at Fenway again. Getting to go to the All Star Game. Playing at WDW not once, but twice with Nichole & Daniel. And getting to meet K!

15. What song will always remind you of 2010?
"Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney.

16. Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, much nicer or richer?
I never know how to answer this one... I hope I am nicer. I'm pretty consistently happy from year to year now. And what my bank account lacks is made up for exponentially by the wealth that truly matters.

17. What do you wish you had done more of?
Reading books, maybe? I am pretty content with how I invested my time.

18. What do you wish you had done less of?
Worrying. It accomplishes nothing except for stalling progress.

19. Did you fall in love in 2010?
That's not really on the "To Do List" anymore. ;-)

20. What was your favorite TV Program in 2010?
I never pick one. This is no surprise to anyone anymore. Dexter. Grey's Anatomy. Fringe. The Big Bang Theory. The Good Wife. Parenthood. Best new show of 2010? Blue Bloods.

21. What was the best book you read this year?
Deep Drive: The Long Journey to Finding the Champion Within (Mike Lowell, Rob Bradford)

22. What was your greatest musical discovery this past year?
While I am hesitant to call it a "great musical discovery," I was really moved by Faith Hill's "A Baby Changes Everything."

23. What did you want and get?
An approval from the insurance company for an MRI.

24. What was the best movie you saw this year?
"True Grit," followed closely by "Red."

25. What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn?
This year was number 34. I don't really make a big deal of my birthday. Not a fan of the attention. I'm fine with a quiet dinner out.

26. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Getting to meet my nephew in person.

27. How would you describe your personal fashion statement this year?
Classic Dawn: comfortable, with a healthy amount of Red Sox.

28. What kept you sane this year?
The people I rely on when the chips are down.

29. What celebrity did you fancy the most?
Does Mike Lowell count as a celebrity? Because I was pretty much a broken record, it being his final season before retiring & all. Who will I stalk fancy in 2011 though??

30. Who did you miss this past year?
Most people I love, unfortunately.

31. Who were the best new people you met this year?
I got to meet K as I mentioned. And I also got to meet some of Troy's family.

32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year:
Sometimes life is going to slap you right upside the head. You'll be amazed at the people who will step up to make it ok.

2 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Wednesday, January 05, 2011 9:51:00 AM  

So glad 2010 granted us the opportunity to finally meet...after SO many years blogging about it...and heck, we even got to hang out twice!! Yay!!

gail@more than a song Saturday, January 08, 2011 10:00:00 PM  

And how did you like Big Thunder Mountain!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP