Saturday, December 18, 2010

20 Questions: December 18, 2010

1. What is your favorite movie of the romantic comedy variety?
Several come to mind, but I think the Steve Martin remake of "Father of the Bride" remains at the top of my list.

2. Gloves or mittens?
Gloves. I don't feel as clumsy when my fingers are still able to operate independent of one another.

3. What books are waiting on your nightstand to be read?
Big Papi: My Story of Big Dreams and Big Hits. Born to Play: My Life in the Game. Game of Shadows.

4. If you could trade places with any of your friends, who would it be?
I wouldn't. I think stepping into someone else's life, no matter how idyllic it appears from the outside, comes with a host of things one cannot anticipate. My life if pretty awesome & I wouldn't trade it for any other.

5. If you could have ONE thing (money is not an option) in the entire world, what would it be?
Lifetime Red Sox tickets, not just to home games, but any Sox game I felt inclined to attend.

6. What are you looking forward to most in the next six weeks?
Celebrating Christmas.

7. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
The Christmas Eve Candlelight service.

8. What three things do you think when I say 'south'?
Civil War. Southern drawl. Florida.

9. List five things in your refrigerator right now.
Pickles. Green beans. Egg nog. Bacon. Yogurt.

10. What is your favorite name that starts with the letter H?
Harrison.

11. When did you last cry?
Saturday morning. Not a bad cry. Just teary-eyed. A song got to me while I was driving to my hair appointment.

12. What is the best part of Winter?
Crisp air. (And being cozy on the couch with a snuggly blanket.) (And Christmas trees.)

13. Are you shorter than you mother?
Nope.


14. Describe your current life in one (ONE!) word.
Blessed.

15. Would you ever want the super power to read the thoughts of others?
I almost said 'yes' and there was a time would have wanted to, just to know the truth. But you know? I don't think so. I trust the people in my world now. And I wouldn't want to ruin surprises. And everyone needs the solitude of their own thoughts--I would want my loved ones to share them when they were ready to put them into words. And then there's the fact that I wouldn't be able to mute the thoughts of people I wasn't interested in knowing and just... ::shudder:: No thanks.

16. When was the last time you rearranged your furniture?
Ha. Other than moving my cabinet from one wall to the other (and scooting the file cabinet, couch & end table over a few inches to make room for the Christmas tree) that would be never, since living in this apartment. There's just no other configuration that would work with the combination of furniture I have & the space allotted to me.

17. Which kind of Oreo cookies do you like best?
It's a definite tie between the original Oreos and the golden ones (vanilla cookie-vanilla frosting).

18. Do you get annoyed easily?
Not typically. And when I do, I tend to get over it quickly. I don't like being unhappy. Life's too short.

19. How do people know what you want for Christmas or your birthday gifts?
I keep a well-maintained, frequently-updated wish list & often link to it on Facebook, just so no one has to actually me for it. There's a link in my blog sidebar too. I am not a fan of being asked what I want for gifts. It leaves me feeling on the spot. This way, gift-givers can peruse, choose something in their price range that they are drawn to & know that I will love it.

20. What are the first three movie quotes that pop into your mind?
"I like smiling. Smiling's my favorite." (Elf)
"Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends." (It's a Wonderful Life)
"Cause the house always wins. Play long enough, you never change the stakes. The house takes you. Unless, when that perfect hand comes along, you bet and you bet big, then you take the house." (Ocean's Eleven)

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP