Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: November 2010

A photo of me:
I didn't exist in November, I guess.

1) Candle scents this month:
Mountain Lodge. Napa Valley Harvest. Maple Pancakes. Cinnamon Stick. Farmers Market. Orchard Pear. Autumn Fruit. Be Thankful. Macintosh Spice. Vanilla Pumpkin. Cranberry Chutney. Vineyard. Cinnamon & Sugar. Fall Festival. Creamy Caramel.

2) What I am reading this month:
Magazines & blogs. I need to start a new book.

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
Coincidentally, all three of these songs had to grow on me. I would immediately change the station if they came on...until this month. (This will NOT be the case with Train's "Hey Soul Sister" which grates on my nerves like nothing has since the appearance of James Blunt, singing "You're Beautiful" and "Goodbye My Lover.") "As She's Walking Away," Zac Brown Band with Alan Jackson. "My Kinda Party," Jason Aldean. "Say What You Need to Say," John Mayer.

4) Movies I saw:
Dial M for Murder. Wizard of Oz. Ocean's Eleven. Red.

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
Sheldon giving up his spot to Howard , the ultimate sacrifice, as an apology (The Apology Insufficiency--The Big Bang Theory). Debra's line: "I'd rather put out a campfire with my face." (First Blood--Dexter) Pretty much the whole episode of Blitzgiving (How I Met Your Mother). The two most recent episodes of Dexter--Teenage Wasteland and In the Beginning--have been deliciously good; it says something when you cannot wait for the next episode before the credits even finishing fading in on the episode you just finished watching!

6) Something yummy I made:
I tried a new recipe for pumpkin cupcakes for Thanksgiving's dessert & I am almost drooling just recalling how delicious they were!

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. Biergarten. Yak & Yeti. Via Napoli. McDonald's (on the night I unexpectedly needed to buy a car from start to finish & didn't think car-shopping/signing-my-life-away on an empty stomach was a good plan for anyone who needed to be within a half mile of me). Macaroni Grill.

8) Something that made me laugh *and* cry:
The look on Daniel's face (hee hee hee!) when the squirrel (oh ha ha haaa...) stole the entire (HA!) piece of bread (tee hee!!) RIGHT OFF HIS PLATE! (Bahahahaha!) And the (hahahahahaha ::gasp:: hahaHA!) spy story Nichole & I created as a result. (BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! ::wiping tears from face::)

9) A goal I had for this month:
To get my bathroom, storage & bedroom closests cleaned out & organized. The bathroom closet is done. The storage closet has been cleaned out & just needs to be organized. The bedroom closet needs some attention still but it's coming along.

10) This month I looked forward to:
Spending some time with Nichole & Daniel at WDW. Cooler weather.

11) Something I want to remember about this month:
It is not by chance that my friends share the most poignant quotes or thoughts at precisely the time I most need to hear them.

12) A photo I took this month:
The squirrel that made off with Daniel's bread.

::trying to control the laughter::

4 with their own thoughts:

Janet Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:23:00 PM  

hahaha #1 made me laugh ;-)

I just bought Mountain Lodge for a gift :-)

Dexter has been just amazing this year!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:41:00 PM  

Janet: I did not think it was possible for them to match last season & Trinity. I underestimated them.

penuttpie Friday, December 03, 2010 12:33:00 AM  

i feel like you did exist since i talked to you! ;)

3. you mean you don't enjoy, "you're bEUUUUtifull....you're bEUUUUUtifulllll it's truuueeee"???

5. i just started watching dexter on netfix and i'm loving it. i'm way behind seeing as how i'm on season one but i finally understand the appeal.

6. pumpkin cupcakes sound so good right now! and tomorrow! and over the weekend :)

8. i have no idea what #8 is about but i just really enjoyed reading about it :)

thanks for sharing, as always.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, December 06, 2010 9:26:00 AM  

G: 3. OMG I *hate* that song. And all he does is repeat himself over & over & over.

5. If you just started, wait til you get to the two most recent seasons. Holy. Cow.

6. They were so easy & so yummy! Nothing beats "from scratch."

8. I'm sure it was a "had to be there" moment but we were laughing SO hard & I wanted to make sure I recorded it. =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP