Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday: December 7, 2010

Top Ten Most-Played Christmas Songs on my iPod

1. "Let It Be Christmas," Alan Jackson
2. "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" The Carpenters
3. "The 12 Days of Christmas," Straight No Chaser
4. "White Christmas," Martina McBride
5. "Who Comes This Night?" James Taylor
6. "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing," Jewel
7. "O Little Town of Bethlehem," Sarah McLachlan
8. "Baby It's Cold Outside," Lady Antebellum
9. "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas," Bing Crosby
10. "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day," Frank Sinatra

2 with their own thoughts:

Joe B. Friday, December 10, 2010 3:18:00 PM  

Interesting list idea. Here are the 10 I think I’ve played the most this year. I had a hard time rounding to 10. It’s not my favorite-Christmas-songs list, although the two lists have several items in common. And my all-time favorite quasi-Christmas song, “Fairytale of New York” by the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl, hasn’t gotten as much play this year, probably because I listen to a lot of Christmas music in the car with my kid, and that song has some language unsuitable for 5-year-olds. But these are perfectly fine:

1. Valley Winter Song (Fountains of Wayne)
2. The 12 Days of Christmas (Straight No Chaser)
3. Little Drummer Boy (White Heart)
4. Do You Hear What I Hear? (Perry Como)
5. 2000 Miles (The Pretenders)
6. O Tannenbaum (Nat King Cole)
7. Star Song (Sheila Walsh)
8. Christmas Wrapping (The Waitresses)
9. Wonderful Christmastime (Paul McCartney)
10. Jesus Christ (Big Star)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP