Friday, November 13, 2009

annoying

telemarketers who call trying to sell me a consultation for re-financing my mortgage. when i try to cut in, they start talking louder & faster to dorwn out whatever protests i have, forcing me to shout (which is always nice at work).

a) this is a place of business. (but ma'am, we can still talk to *you*...)

2) i do not have a mortgage that needs re-financing. (but ma'am, you don't know until you have a consultation!)

d) and i do not have a house!!

i cannot even describe the great satisfaction i took in hanging up the phone at that point when the telemarketer tried to interject with yet another "but ma'am..."

3 with their own thoughts:

Cass. Just Curious Friday, November 13, 2009 3:05:00 PM  

I hate this too - you know what else gets me? When I tell them, nope don't have a house, no, that's not my name - they then ask me WHAT IS YOUR NAME. Like I'm going to VOLUNTEER to be called back by you people? As if.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, November 13, 2009 3:12:00 PM  

Cass: It really stuns me how bold they have gotten too!

Ted D Saturday, November 14, 2009 10:06:00 PM  

God Bless Caller ID; haven't answered a telemarketer in about 6 years. But at work? Yeah, it's annoying. Have you gotten the one where the ships horn blares right when you answer the phone for the travel agency? Make you want to punch a tree.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP