Sunday, June 29, 2008

the tip of the iceberg

oh if only i dared to publish the posts that get saved in the security of my draft folder. those raw & volatile thoughts that never see the light of day but spill out, tumbling word after word, in the dead of night when i cannot sleep.

i guess we all have secrets in our hearts that are not confided to a sinlge soul, out of fear. fear of rejection... misunderstanding... abandonment... and mostly fear of ourselves. because speaking them opens up a vulnerability so fragile we don't know if we'd survive it being crushed. the irony is that we silence them to keep from getting hurt, yet sometimes it seems leaving them unspoken is the greater enemy, the greater risk.

i would go to sleep... if i could quiet the thoughts in my mind and curl up in the warmth of a place safer than any other.

2am makes me even more cyptic than i usually am...

9 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Sunday, June 29, 2008 11:19:00 AM  

Dawn, maybe that is what I should do when I'm rolling around trying to get some sleep.

Hope today is better.

CelticBuffy Sunday, June 29, 2008 11:57:00 AM  

There are secrets in our souls that are sometime too much to let go of. Have a happier Sunday!

Jeanne Sunday, June 29, 2008 1:05:00 PM  

{{HUGS}} sweetie. Could say been there done that but it doesn't help I know. Take care.

Julie Sunday, June 29, 2008 6:00:00 PM  

I hear ya...
Hope the rest of the night was a better one.

Janet Monday, June 30, 2008 12:07:00 PM  

girlie, what is going on with you??!

colleen Monday, June 30, 2008 10:48:00 PM  

Sometimes my favorite verse to lull me to sleep at night is- His Mercies are new every morning.

Anonymous,  Wednesday, July 02, 2008 10:33:00 AM  

I hope things have gotten better!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP