Friday, June 20, 2008

sometimes i wonder...

...if my mother feels like she missed out on being a mom...

20 with their own thoughts:

Debi Friday, June 20, 2008 7:22:00 AM  

(((HUGS))) It breaks my heart that you should have to wonder such a thing!

Dawn Friday, June 20, 2008 7:54:00 AM  

I have five nieces that have mothers who have missed being a mom to them and my heart aches for the girls when I think of it. I'm sorry you are wondering the same.

*krystyn* Friday, June 20, 2008 9:09:00 AM  

I'm sure she does, but you just may never hear it from her.

((LOTS of HUGS))...and wet slobbery kisses from Ethan. :-)

Heather Friday, June 20, 2008 9:26:00 AM  

i bet she does...you and your brother were great kids...i know b/c i was there being your best friend and sharing your grandparents with you.

Ted D Friday, June 20, 2008 9:35:00 AM  

Dawn, I'm never sure what to say and always say the wrong thing, so I'm just gonna give you a virtual hug if that's OK.

::hug::

Nichole M Friday, June 20, 2008 10:59:00 AM  

She probably doesn't. If she did, she would have been a real mom to you. But some people are just too selfish to do the sacrificial things a mom is supposed to do.

But she doesn't even know what she missed out on by having you as a daughter and friend.

{{HUGS}}

Lisa Carroll Friday, June 20, 2008 11:19:00 AM  

(((hugs)))

Being a mom myself, I can definitely say without a doubt that she missed out on being a mom... whether or not she realizes that, is the mystery... and *why* she would even *want* to is an even *bigger* mystery.

From what I've been told, ::eyeroll: my biologial dad chose to miss out on being a dad.....

...their loss.

:)

CelticBuffy Friday, June 20, 2008 12:59:00 PM  

Virtual hug to you! It's rather haunting to have feelings like these isn't it? My mom is bitter towards her sister for not wanting to be a mom to her three kids, yet my mom completely misses the fact that she projects to me that I'm a disappointment to her. We all have to stick together and "mother" one another. :)

Scott Friday, June 20, 2008 4:04:00 PM  

I'm sorry she wasn't there like she should have been, but happy to know that you had some other great people in your life to support you and be there for you. Seems to me they did a great job, but I understand that it would leave you wondering if it could have been even better with a mom who was there for you too.

{{hugs}}

Anonymous,  Friday, June 20, 2008 4:17:00 PM  

Whether she knows it or not, she DID miss out. Look at what an AWESOME person you are today? :-)

Jeanne Friday, June 20, 2008 4:32:00 PM  

I was adopted and I wonder that about my birth mother and if she did miss out(might have had other kids after). I also wonder that about my adoptive mother at times since she had many problems that took away from her mothering. {{HUGS}} Got some pics on my blog yesterday from CT.

gail@more than a song Friday, June 20, 2008 10:02:00 PM  

I would think she did miss out, not getting to know you. I wouldn't have wanted to miss it myself.
You had some wonderful grandparents though from what I've seen you write about!

Ingrid Friday, June 20, 2008 10:59:00 PM  

I'm so sorry you have to wonder about something like this. Just from the snapshots of your life I get, it's obviousl that the people who didn't miss out on raising you were amazing. Even if you did wind up being a Sox fan.


;)

((hugs))

Mega Saturday, June 21, 2008 11:01:00 AM  

You have gotten a plethora of hugs already so I'm going to give you a high five instead.

((highfive))

J-Dawg's Realm Saturday, June 21, 2008 11:41:00 AM  

Dawn
Same as Dan said ^5's from me...you have to look at yourself to see what you have become and where those influences came from. And like Gail said - she missed out. My mother is doing the same thing right now...missing out on her grandchildren so...trust in yourself - believe in yourself - be yourself
J

Rhea Saturday, June 21, 2008 11:37:00 PM  

That's a powerful statement if I've ever heard one. Becoming a mother opens up a lot of different feelings. hugs to you, sweetie, hang in there.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:39:00 AM  

Awww. You guys are so sweet. Thank you. I have some more to add to this but it's still in draft form...

Colleen Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:18:00 PM  

Of course she has. I thought your mother passed away or something since you never spoke of her...it always made me wonder. I don't care if everybody's hugged you, I'm hugging you to. (HUG)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP