Friday, June 27, 2008

Stuff Portrait Friday: June 27, 2008



Kristine instructs:
June 27 - “Children are our Future” – show me that quote in a picture.


this photo was taken when i was up in Connecticut three weeks ago for Baby Girl's birthday. (i say Baby Girl, but just look at her on my lap! no more baby!) i look at this photo of us though, and i can't help but see that those kids are our future, our legacy. they are themselves and yet us, carried forward. pieces of us, both genetically and emotionally. those five beautiful children (plus the two not pictured -- Gosia's son Seamus and her upcoming December arrival) make the future look promising and bright. and maybe someday i will get the opportunity to contribute my own piece of it...

10 with their own thoughts:

Random and Odd Friday, June 27, 2008 10:28:00 AM  

I hope you do too! Remember if you do: EPIDURAL.

:)

Nice picture of your village!

Bridgett Friday, June 27, 2008 11:46:00 AM  

That's one of those snapshots that will show up in a photo album and cousins will stare and stare at their similarities after they're all grown up and far flung.

First time over here--I played too.

Oh, and I'm with R&O. Epidural, baby.

Ted D Friday, June 27, 2008 12:07:00 PM  

Dawn, you'll make a fantastic mother some day. And since having kids, my whole perspective on life has changed; they really are the Legacy and it's awesome to think about.

Except when I think about Rakes and Trot, I get a little nervous. I wonder if Costa Nostra will still be around in 20 years?

Kelly Friday, June 27, 2008 12:17:00 PM  

I almost used a photo of my kids with their cousins! Lovely photo!

Connie T. Friday, June 27, 2008 6:30:00 PM  

It looks like you were at the Rain Forest Cafe, nice picture. I played too.

Heather Saturday, June 28, 2008 11:32:00 AM  

that cracks me up that everyone seems to think they are cousins especially after the woman near the dinner table asked if gracie and christian were twins. also i look at this picture and see 2 things:
yes they could all be cousins if not siblings
and god i need to lose that weight. something about catherine's bday and pictures taken at it that make me realize this. thanks for the reminder. i definately needed it today!
i love you and i cannot wait for you to be near all those kids again.

gail@more than a song Monday, June 30, 2008 9:14:00 PM  

Aww, that's really cute! And she is getting big to call her baby girl, but sometimes that's just how we feel isn't it, always seem like our babies.

Anonymous,  Wednesday, July 02, 2008 4:31:00 PM  

I agree...children are our present as well as our future! I love my two lil ones to pieces!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP