Tuesday, June 24, 2008

freak accident

first, let me start by saying that if Manny comes up all gimpy hamstring after this, i will personally hunt E6 down & put him out of my misery. does he seriously use his head for *anything*??

(photo from the Boston Herald)

now. that thing with Youk. what are the odds that a ball *does* that? a strange hop during warmup tosses? that just so happens to pop up & smack him right in the eye? on the very same day that The Mayor starts his 3-game suspension? while our other emergency first base alternate (Papi, for those of you not following along) is on the DL?

you have *no* idea how badly i wanted to blame this on JFL. i mean, it's just the kind of crap fest he would be responsible for. but it was Mike Lowell. and you *know* he didn't intentionally take Youk out of the game, because let's face it: for as long as Lugo plays in Boston, he knows we need the best of the best playing the rest of our infielf to make up for the many (16 but who's counting?) errors that happen at shortstop.

"I short-hopped him and it wasn't even a hard throw," said Lowell. "I thought I hit him in the side of the head, but he had a pretty big shiner pretty quick. I'm just glad that he got all the test results back, and that he's going to be fine. I feel really bad." (Yahoo! Sports)

anyway, i am chalking this up to a freak accident. kind of like the way that whole game went last night. because we all knew we were supposed to win a game when The Commander gives up only two runs at home. tonight it's going to all be ok again though. because we *have* to win on Jerry Remy Night, right??

6 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:53:00 PM  

Dawn, it wouldn't surprise me if Manny said "C'mon, Mang. I'll carry you back".

I gotta say I like Lugo; seems like a genuine guy, always getting hugged by Manny and Papi. If he's good enough for them, he's good enough for me. So on this particular subject, we're just gonna agree to disagree.

All that said? It wouldn't make me sad to see Jed Lowrie playing SS next season.

Jeanne Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:58:00 PM  

Okay but you gotta admit that is such a stinkin' cute picture. hehe

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:33:00 PM  

Ted: To which Lugo should have replied "don't wanna bust up your hammies any more, mang, since we'll be playing in a DH-less NL park this weekend". =P Really, I just like any excuse to pick on him. Stay tuned for tomorrow's Sox post though...

Jeanne: It would be cuter if a) Manny were not suffering tweaked hamstrings, b) it did not include even a corner of Lugo's elbow in the photo and c) if it were a photo of Tek carrying Masterson or Ellsbury carrying Pedroia. ;-)

Ted D Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:19:00 AM  

What a great win last night! Coming back in the 8th inning and a Paplebot shutdown in the 9th.

The guy who got the rally started?

JFL. ;)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:21:00 AM  

Even a blind pig occasionally finds a truffle, Ted. ;-)

Scott Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:14:00 PM  

When I first heard about the killer throw my first thought was that Lugo must have done it. My second thought was Dawn is going to crucify him. Now I see Lowell gets a free pass. lol I wish I was good looking enough to get away with maiming my first baseman! ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP