Wednesday, June 4, 2008

come out, come out, where ever you are!

i am hiding.

ok, that's not true. actually, i lack motivation. completely & totally lack. my ambition level is to sit some place dark & cool. and do NOTHING.

do not talk to me about going outside & getting fresh air. the air is hot & stale & dripping with 93% humidity. and did i mention hot? you people, with your snow & slush & ice (which i do not miss), hibernate all Winter. *i* hibernate now.

and, yes, i suppose that with all the hibernating, i should have lots of time to blog & reply to email & keep up with your blogs.

but it's hot. and i have no motivation.
(have i mentioned that yet?)

and now i have (seriously) 233 emails in my inbox. i haven't blogged in like a week. (and yes, i know, the last several almost can't be counted as blogging even.) and i swear all of you are blogging faster than i can read, because that number in my Google Reader continues getting *bigger* even though i keep checking off posts as read.

so yeah... if anyone needs me, i am either drowning in my inbox. or working my way through a week's worth of blog posts in my Google Reader (while you all keep blogging! at warp speed! why can't you do this much blogging when i'm caught up & bored?!). or ummm... hiding.

19 with their own thoughts:

Nichole M Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:57:00 PM  

::throws Dawn a life preserver::

Mom Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:22:00 PM  

Thaat was me on Monday good luck digging out!

Debi Wednesday, June 04, 2008 3:08:00 PM  

I was getting worried about you and had decided to e-mail you, but then I got your GoodReads note so I figured all was okay. Good thing I didn't e-mail you...sounds like you've got enough of those already. :)

Hope motivations comes a-knocking soon. And in the meantime, just enjoy the down time as best you can!

*krystyn* Wednesday, June 04, 2008 3:43:00 PM  

I was wondering what you've been up to...I'm the polar opposite of your busy right now...I have so much time on my hands @ this point, I'm not sure what to do with myself.

And it's hot and sticky and gross here too - does NOT make me want to put E in the stroller and head out for a walk.

Anonymous,  Wednesday, June 04, 2008 3:47:00 PM  

Ugh, that heat and humidity is so energy-sapping.
Sometimes I just click "mark all as read" so I don't feel so behind on reading blogs! It might be time for that drastic measure...
-Sally

Scott Wednesday, June 04, 2008 3:53:00 PM  

I hope it's an enjoyable kind of hiding out and you are having fun. Although I have my doubts by the sounds of your post. Let me know if I can help.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Wednesday, June 04, 2008 4:23:00 PM  

I'm hiding out with you today - zero motivation. Wonder where it went?! :)

justem Wednesday, June 04, 2008 5:34:00 PM  

233 emails! You are famous! :)

Colleen Wednesday, June 04, 2008 6:32:00 PM  

Even when you're bored, you're still amusing!

Jeanne Wednesday, June 04, 2008 6:34:00 PM  

I was thinking you ran away and joined the Sox but got your GoodReads so figured you were catching up on reads instead of here. Isn't Google Reader awesome? I found myself with so many blogs I wanted to check in on that it really simplified things. Of course since it makes it simpler I add more blogs....

Ted D Wednesday, June 04, 2008 7:03:00 PM  

I'm just glad you're OK. I was worried Lugo had pushed you over the edge and you were institutionalized somewhere. ;)

The Daily Rant Wednesday, June 04, 2008 8:03:00 PM  

I found you through Scott (up there in comments) and I am warning you in advance - I am in the process of stealing many of your great memes! lol

Since I'm a new reader and I am seeing here that you're in hibernation and you obviously have a lot of time to be online reading blogs and of course, watching the Red Sox...lol...I'm wondering what it is you do for work?? Which might be answered somewhere in here, but I haven't gotten that far yet!

So...thanks for the great memes - I can't wait to fill them out and put them on my blog! :)

Heather Wednesday, June 04, 2008 10:48:00 PM  

in regard to the heat there... it will be in the 90's each day while you are here...

Ingrid Thursday, June 05, 2008 2:01:00 AM  

I go through serious slack periods too, so you are forgiven!

Stay hydrated and air conditioned!

Mega Thursday, June 05, 2008 8:00:00 AM  

Additional generic comment to help facilitate the expansion of your email inbox!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, June 05, 2008 9:41:00 AM  

::covers her own eyes so Chele can't see her::

::clings to Nichole's life preserver::

Steph: I swear the more I wade through it, the faster is accumulates! Do you weed through it all? Is there hope?

Debi: I'm afraid to take more downtime! I may never resurface again if I do that! LOL

Krystyn: I was exactly that way a month ago. I think I am paying for it now. =P

Sally: I've been tempted but I am afraid I'll miss something good so I am at least trying to skim everything before marking it read.

Scott: Can you read all the blog posts I've missed in the last week & write up a summary? Maybe leave a few comments too? ;-)

Stacy: My Twitter buddy "Lilfootsmommy" said she saw her motivation with mine & they were boarding a bus to Guam. Perhaps yours is AWOL with ours as well?

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, June 05, 2008 9:48:00 AM  

Em: Or just a week behind. LOL!

Colleen: I do my very best. ;-)

Jeanne: I so love my Google Reader. I used to use Bloglines but this is so much better! I love that I can email posts to people with one click! And I love that little "shared posts" widget in my sidebar here. I hear ya on the adding more blogs to the reader though!

Ted: Who told you the truth??!

Daily Rant: Glad to have you along! Feel free to visit any time you like. =) We're friendly here. I am an office admin but I work for an awesome company & if my work is done, I can play online. =) I'm going to make a point to visit your blog, but bear with me since I am obviously playing catch-up at the moment. LOL

Heather: Seriously? I was actually looking forward to freezing my butt off if it meant getting out of the heat for a weekend! LOL

Ingrid: Thank you. For real. Because I seriously give myself a hard time about getting behind.

::points finger at Mega:: Mischief.

sue @ postcards from paradise falls Thursday, June 05, 2008 9:39:00 PM  

we don't all hibernate in that cold weather!!!! hope it cools off for you, although i'm hoping it cools off for ME, too!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP