Saturday, December 24, 2005

a few final thoughts on Christmas Eve before i slip into bed in search of sugar plums to dance in my dream

in one of my posts back toward the beginning of the month, Heather wanted to know how Santa delivers presents to houses in FL since the vast majority do not have working chimneys.

i didn't want to leave this unanswered & so i quote from one of my favorite Christmas story books that answers this very question:

This is the story of how once a year
I fly round the world with eight trusty reindeer.
And bring to each child in each house in each land
A wrapped Christmas present, delivered by hand.

Of course there are secrets that I cannot tell--
Like the specially marvelous magical spell
That I cast when I order my reindeer to fly
Several hundreds of miles in the blink of an eye...
Or the trick that I use to make myself thin
If a chimney's so small, it's too tight to get in,
And another if there is no chimney at all,
When I squeeze through a keyhole and into a hall.
(excerpt from "Santa's Christmas Journey" by Roger Brooke)

hopefully that answers that question for anyone who wondered...and now i am off to sleep.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

I’ll be home for Christmas,
You can count on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents on the tree

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love-light gleams
I’ll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams...

1 with their own thoughts:

Lisa Carroll Sunday, December 25, 2005 6:15:00 PM  

This is ssweet... we tell our kids the same thing, since there aren't too many chimneys out here either! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Dawn! (((HUGS))) Luv ya, girlie. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP