Tuesday, December 13, 2005

all about me: the Christmas edition!

borrowed this from Sue!

Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? hot chocolate. no question about it. egg nog just doesn't even sound good. reminds me of frothy eggs blended into something like a watery milkshake. *shudder*

Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree? he will have a hard time wrapping them this year. or it anyway. my Christmas present is my new house. but when i was a kid, he wrapped them. always in Santa-themed paper & with a Santa themed tag. no other gifts were wrapped in Santa pattern, just his. and his handwriting was "different" too. he would put all of my gifts along with my filled stocking stacked on the rocking chair & my brother's were in the leather chair.

Do you hang mistletoe? nope

When do you decorate? usually start the first day of Advent & leave everything up through Epiphany. but not this year. everything is in storage while we live in a furnished rental house. i'm scrooging it this year.

What is your favorite holiday dish? i used to do this Jello thing. sparkling white grape Jello with red & green seedless grapes & mandarin oranges in it. you add some ginger ale to the Jello when you make it & it is soooo yummy. i also loved the Cornish game hens my Gram used to make for Christmas Eve...

Favorite Holiday memory as a child? i have sooo many of them but i'm getting ready to blog soon about Christmas Eve when i was a kid & this one is right up there as one of my favorites. keep your eues out for it.

How and when did you learn the truth about Santa? when i was about 8 or 9 i knew for sure. my dad explained that Santa lived in our hearts & he was about giving & making others happy. the more we did those things, the more real Santa was. i would stay up late on Christmas Eve after we got home from our family party & wrap all the Santa gifts for my dad & my brother (my dad had someone else do mine obviously). i don't remember how exactly i found out though. just what my dad told me when i asked him about it.

Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? sometimes, if i was with some family that i wouldn't see again on Christmas Day. but that was it.

What kind of cookies do you set out for Santa on Christmas Eve? we always put out the Christmas tree shaped cookie cutouts--they were everyone's favorite for some reason (as if the different shapes tasted differently?? lol...i dunno)

Snow! Love it or hate it? love to look at it--out the window, in photos. i actually like to be out in it too, for a walk or to play. do NOT like to shovel it, drive in it or clean it off my car. and i don't like it when it looks tired & sad & dirty.

Can you ice skate? sure...if you'd like to me to break a bone

Do you remember your favorite gift? i love them all. =)

What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? celebrating the birth of Jesus and spending time with family & friends

What’s your favorite holiday dessert? my Grandmother's pfeffernusse. and gingerbread men.

What’s your favorite holiday tradition? the whole darn season! =) the tree. the lights. the scents. the music. the church services. the poinsettias. the snow (well not in FL lol). the gifts. the shopping. ALL of it.

What type of tree? live Scotch pine. but since those are not only expensive but very hard to find in my area, any tree that's well-shaped & has just the right number of "gaps" for hanging larger ornaments. or, if i must, a lifelike artificial tree will do -- as long as i can burn an evergreen scented candle!

Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? i am appreciative of the gifts i receive but i *love* shopping & picking out the perfect gifts for everybody on my list. i haven't been able to do much of that the last few years though. =(

What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Oh Little Town of Bethlehem

Candy Canes, YUCK or YUM? yum! just the traditional red & white striped peppermint ones please...

4 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Tuesday, December 13, 2005 11:53:00 AM  

These were great Dawn! I hope you don't mind, I swiped them and posted them at my blog :)

Merry Christmas!
Stacy

Anonymous,  Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:22:00 PM  

This survey is so cute! How fun!! Merry Christmas!

*krystyn* Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:45:00 PM  

I think I may have to swipe this for my blog too...great list!

Maynard Friday, December 16, 2005 12:05:00 AM  

pfeffernusse? Never heard of it. I had to look it up on the Internet -- now I want the recipe :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP