Sunday, December 4, 2005

it was bound to happen sooner or later

a good week in football for me that is!

ok so i am getting my butt whooped again in my fantasy football laegue this week. i'll deal with it. i've clinched a playoff spot already & i'll just keep telling myself what i am about the way the Patriots have played recently: we're saving the good stuff for the playoffs! lol...

and my poor Packers lost again =*( and they just keep adding injury after injury. they make the Patriots look healthy these days. that poor team has a stunning 2-10 record, matched by only the Jets & *gasp* the 49ers?! how did this happen. =( only the Texans at 1-11 are worse. even the Cardinals & Saints have more wins than Green Bay this year at 4-8 & 3-9 respectively. *sigh*


oh & the Bucs won again. incidentally...this photo illustrates one of the reasons i could never be a Bucs fan. Bucs fans are just plain out of their minds.


and you thought i said it was a good football week for me?! well it was!

for starters the Patriots won & that always makes a girl happy. even if it is to one of the worst teams in the NFL this year. still a division rival.


and totally unrelated to anything of any importance, i decided that as much as i don't like the Giants & i loathe Eli Manning, the red jerseys they wore today looked really good. even though that statement makes me actually sound like a girl instead of a real football fan, red has been making me happy lately for some reason.


but best of all? as of 1:48 remaining in the 4th quarter with the Chargers up 34-10, my football picks this week show a record 14-1 going into Monday Night Football. my one & only loss? the Bengals got the better of the Steelers & i really struggled to pick that game. decided my best bet was with the home team. i was wrong. but the Bengals played hard & won that matchup fair & square. they are going to be a force to be reckoned with come playoffs. and quite frankly, this was the first i heard of this but i have to say the Steelers lost a little of my respect on this one:

apparently this guy is mocking the Steelers' claim that they lost last week's matchup against the Colts as a result of "artificial noise" being piped into the RCA Dome. c'mon boys. you're tougher than that. own up to the fact that they kicked your butts all over the field just like they did to the rest of us & move on. it's not like they needed crowd noise to win that game. even i can admit to that as much as i wish they would stinking lose already. nothing irritates me more in football than excuses...

4 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Monday, December 05, 2005 6:08:00 AM  

it was a great football weekend for me too.....DId you see the u of TeXas score....70-3!!!!!

Beefy Tuesday, December 06, 2005 6:40:00 AM  

Damn. I finally have an awesome week and you have to better me by 3 games. UGH. Congrats. I think you have me beat this season. I should just give up now.

Instead, I'll continue to nip at your heels like a tiny yapping rat dog.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, December 06, 2005 6:45:00 AM  

15-1 baby!! *arms pumped in the air in victory*

but sheesh. did you have to hit so close to home with the tiny yapping rat dog reference?! *shudder*

Anonymous,  Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:23:00 PM  

You've clinched a playoff spot and you're doing really well! Playoffs start soon, one more week I think, and I bet you do well. You have a good team.

Now, you can't complain. We're Saints and Packers (well, Brett) fans here. Can any two teams have a more dismal season than that? My one bright spot is that maybe, if Brett retires, we will see him at every USM home game (our alma mater and his). He has a house there, and maybe we could run into him at Lowe's or something! :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP