Wednesday, April 20, 2005

randomness

ok so i'm supposed to be working. what can i say? i have a cool job & an even cooler boss (not considered to be sucking up since i am 99.9% sure he wouldn't be reading this lol) so when my work is done (for the moment) i can play online. anyway, i was surfing my favorite blogs this morning. started off on the blog link trail & found myself HERE. i love having little peeks into other people's worlds. i especially love when i find something that inspires me, makes me laugh, or causes me to stop all the pettiness & reflect or really think.

so here's what i came up with to "borrow" from another blog to entertain you, my faithful readers (lol...i feel ridiculous saying that cause i *know* people are reading this but only a few of you have said so! SAY HELLO already darn it! i'm curious who comes here...and who continues to come back...and i don't care if i know you already or not, ok?) so...what was i saying before that last tangent? oh yeah. i found something for my faithful lurkers' entertainment & to give you another glimpse into who i am, whether you know me well or you're just getting to know me here! (special thanks to txtricia who i don't know & who doesn't know me, but she gets the inspiration crown this morning! i'm sure she would be sooo excited. *grin*)

5 THINGS YOU LOVE
5. the smell of orange blossoms
4. sunsets
3. my friends & family & my sweet Catherine girl (my god daughter for anyone who doesn't know)
2. living in the USA
1. my man

5 THINGS YOU HATE
5. people who are mean to kids or animals or the elderly
4. bananas *gag*
3. inconsiderate drivers
2. feeling cold
1. being lied to

5 THINGS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
sorry! need 6 for this one lol
6. MATH!!
5. why they put bran muffins in the "kitchen sink" ice cream sundae at "Beaches & Cream Soda Shop" on Disney's Boardwalk
4. how anyone can hate Disney World
3. why golf is televised
2. Americans who don't support our troops even if they don't like what they are doing--these people risk their lives everyday to keep us safe at home!
1. terrorist acts

5 THINGS ON YOUR DESK
5. big giant desk calendar that is my "work bible"
4. computer & accessories
3. bottle of water *always*
2. dish full of candy
1. photos of Catherine, Seamus, Tyler & Olivia--all my friends' babies! =)

5 OF YOUR CLOSEST FRIENDS
**disclaimer: in no particular order! love you all
5. Andi
4. Gosia
3. Alison
2. Andie
1. Heather

5 THINGS YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW
5. thinking about what to put on each of these lists
4. answering the phone as it rings
3. listening to "work noises"
2. trying to decide which of my snacks to break into
1. wondering where the smaller eel on our fishtank just went! i saw him swim up but then he disappeared--and i should mention that he is 18" long so he's kind of hard to miss!

5 NEGATIVE FACTS ABOUT YOU
5. i do not forget as easily as i forgive
4. i am a stubborn pain in the butt
3. i don't have much self-confidence
2. i feel very shy & self-conscious in a crowd--the bigger the crowd, the quieter i get
1. i do not trust anyone very easily--very much the "guilty until proven innocent" kind of theory =(

5 POSITIVE FACTS ABOUT YOU
5. i am unbelievably devoted once you break into my circle of trust
4. i am very low maintenance
3. when i love, i love with everything that i am
2. i can get along with almost anyone
1. i am genuine--what you see is what you get! =)

5 THINGS YOU PLAN TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE
5. get married
4. own a home
3. have a baby
2. become a better photographer (hopefully with a digital camera lol)
1. see all 50 states

5 THINGS YOU CAN'T DO
5. do a cartwheel
4. ride a rollercoaster
3. be confrontational
2. stop myself from crying when i get mad
1. parallel park

THINGS ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX THAT TURN YOU ON
6. his voice
5. upper arms
4. a man who looks like he works hard...the pretty boy behind a desk does NOTHING for me!!
3. killer smile
2. ability to hold eye contact
1. unquestionable honesty & sincerity

5 FAVORITE MOVIES
6. Serendipity
5. The Notebook
4. Ocean's Eleven
3. Jerry Maguire
2. Shawshank Redemption
1. As Good As It Gets

NAME 5 THINGS YOU ARE SCARED OF
5. hurricanes
4. bungee jumping
3. needles
2. getting hurt
1. being underwater (when i had just learned to swim, i had an older cousin who held me under, thinking he was funny...wonder how he would feel knowing that that choice has resulted in me feeling claustrophobic at the mere thought of being submerged in water!)

9 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, April 20, 2005 4:32:00 PM  

Long time listener, first time caller....Isn't it more fun just to know that there are people reading this...does it really matter who they are

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, April 20, 2005 4:43:00 PM  

well sure that's fun...but everyone likes to be acknowledged or given a little feedback every now & then. =) even if it's just "i enjoyed your thoughts on this" or "i totally agree"...or even "i disagree"! i wouldn't expect everyone to have something to say each time i post something but the occasional comment is just a feel good moment--to know something you said meant something to someone else. =)

Anonymous,  Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:07:00 PM  

OH, so you want feedback..in that case...Oceans 11 is one of your top 5 favorite movies..maybe if the topic was favoite movie for eyecandy

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, April 20, 2005 6:27:00 PM  

hmmmm...i don't recall it specifically saying "5 intellectual movies" or "5 classic movies", just "5 favorite movies". sure the scenery is good on ocean's 11. i also am amused by the dialogue & how well the writers made everything flow together in the sequence of events. it was a fun movie & one of my favorites at that so i guess it qualifies. ;-)

Amber Wednesday, April 20, 2005 10:44:00 PM  

hey girl, don't worry bout it...i cannot do a cartwheel either. :P love reading your answers. I too saw this on a blog and wanted to do it. thanks for sharing these!

Lisa Carroll Sunday, April 24, 2005 8:12:00 PM  

Dawn - This is an AWESOME entry. I love the idea. And hey - thanks so much for posting on my blog - you're right - the acknowledgement does give a good feeling. :) Anyhoo, I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna "borrow" this for my blog. Since now I know that pepole are reading, maybe this will give insight as to who I am... a sort of "get to know me" kind of thing. ;) Thanks so much! Have a great day,

Lisa

Anonymous,  Monday, April 25, 2005 2:21:00 PM  

Hi Dawn! I have been reading your blog regularly for about three weeks or so. Thought I would say "Hello". I find it interesting and thoughtful. We also like a lot of the same things, movies, music etc and I love the Rascal Flatts song your blog is named after.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP