Monday, April 18, 2005

i think this is why i blog

andie was kind enough to still loan me "Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life" when i saw her on saturday even though i was a bonehead & forgot to bring Paul Reiser's "Couplehood" with me to complete our exchange. i've been reading it slowly, just a section or 2 at a time. i would expect to see pieces of it here as what i read strikes me in one way or another--if you're not new to my blog, this doesn't surprise you at all, does it? lol


the section i'm talking about right now is this:



1986
Journal from year in Paris
I think 90 percent of what/who we are is never really
verbally communicated....
I like to write things down--moments, memories, lists, quotes, thoughts.
Compulsively sometimes.
I need to gather all the thoughts that are locked in my head and put them on
paper. Will my memory ever fail me? Maybe that's the precaution I'm taking.


(excerpt from "Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life" by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, pg. 15)

i truly believe that this is what drives me to keep this blog, a collection of my thoughts...

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP