Wednesday, March 16, 2005

what's your "if heaven"?

If Heaven
(click on the link for the "If Heaven" full length video...)


Yes, I know. It's country music. I know it's not for everyone. If you truly can't stand it & not even looking at the totally yummy guy who sings it can entice you to survive listening to it just once, then do a search & locate the lyrics for yourself. Better yet, click here--I've even saved you the trouble.

Ok so we're all on the same page now...well except for those of you who are enthralled by staring at Andy lol...will this help to lure you back here for a couple of minutes?



Anyway, as I was about to say...

This song makes me think. It makes me think about all those things--some little & others not so much little--that bring us some sort of happiness. Things that indeed would make the obscure notion of Heaven something we could maybe comprehend. Times & places & simple pleasures that could make our fumbling minds focus on the sort of joy that awaits us. Things that if "brought with us" could be our tangible, comprehensible source of joy & comfort for perhaps eternity, helping us grasp things that are well beyond our present understanding.

Have you ever thought about what your "if heaven" would consist of?

If heaven was an hour, it would be sunset over water, brilliant & spectacular & utterly breathtaking. Every glowing shade of intense color. Warm light washing over the whole sky, painting the clouds colors you didn't know could exist, reflecting its awesome beauty in the waters below it.

If heaven was a time in my life, it would be 1994, when I was unjaded by losing loved ones, the whole world stretched before me with endless possibility, love was not yet a scar on my heart but a glorious ideal.

If heaven was a place, it would be as pure & simple as being wrapped snug in the arms of the main I love, my head resting back on his shoulder & his smile warming me up from the inside out.

If heaven was a scent, it would be my Grandma's apple pie baking. Sweet & spicy, promising to delight all the senses when it emerged from the oven. There was laughter & a sense of home & togetherness & family that nothing else since has been able to capture or recreate.

If heaven...these are good things. Happy memories. And If that's what heaven's made of...

1 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Saturday, March 26, 2005 12:17:00 AM  

Dawn, what a FABULOUS prompt! I would never have known about this song if you hadn't blogged about it -- GREAT concept! I linked to your blog entry in this entry on my blog: http://angiepedersen.typepad.com/100things/2005/03/if_heaven.html

Thanks for sharing this one! Kudos!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP