Saturday, March 12, 2005

paradise found...almost

I am not sure how this is possible but I don't have a photo of orange blossoms.

Huh? (I imagine you are thinking...)

I walked the pup this morning. I went outside to be greeted by what can only be classified as a perfect March morning in Florida. Warm breeze. Cloudless sky in the most brilliant shade of blue. And *breathe deep* the perfume of orange blossoms. Love this. I fell in love with them 3 years ago when I arrived & I live for every subsequent March. It's the only time the air smells this heavenly sweet with the scent of these blossoms. Every time it tickles my nose, I have no choice but to breathe it in hungrily & sigh.

Added bonus that the weather is near-perfect: warm, no humidity, just enough breeze--but only for the month of March. Something barometrical happens when Floridians flip the calendar to April. I swear. You wake up April 1st to "sticky" & Mother Nature is not fooling one bit! I digress. (Not surprised are you. lol...)

It's mornings like this, walking out into my own corner of paradise, that I wish the hardest to have a digital camera. Sure I could take a shot with my regular "film camera" but by the time I finish the roll & have it processed, I feel like the moment is lost & I am only trying to back-pedal & recapture it. I wish I could show you NOW.

My intent was to come in here & pop my ramblings out topped with a photo of my beloved orange blossoms. I am dismayed to go through my stack of photos, searching for the one to scan in, and find none. And thus the opening statement. Which reminds me, I need to go back outside with my camera & take some pictures for next time...

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP