Friday, March 11, 2005

Leader of the Pack

Brett Favre (photo from www.packers.com) Posted by Hello


I know, I know. What is the preoccupation, the obsession, with football? Can't help it. Words can't tell you how thrilled I am to have another season to watch Brett Favre play the game. I heard it described perfectly as I half-listened to Sports Center while I finished getting ready for work this morning: He may not be the best athlete ever, but there is a very persuasive arguement that he may be the best *football player* ever. I mentioned this way back in December. It's this passion that just consumes him. You can see that he loves what he does. I find a driving inspiration in that.

Witnessing passion in others just inspires me. I might see it in the way he plays football just as easily as I might see it in the way someone scraps a layout or captures their thoughts in a written format. You can just tell when a person is doing something that he or she believes in, when the craft, whatever it may be, wells up from a driving force deep within.

You don't see people being truly passionate about what they do very often anymore, and so I'm not ready to be finished seeing that kind of passion & I am happy for one more football season to soak it in.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP