Sunday, March 27, 2005

Arisen

On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them: "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here. He has risen!" (Luke 24:1-6) Posted by Hello


I am not one of those people who talks very often about my faith & what I believe. If someone were to ask me about it, I have no problem sharing it with them but I do not often bring it up myself. I suppose there are people who think that I should but I am the quiet type in just about everything & that is reflected here as well. I simply believe what I believe in the way that I was raised--it is such a personal thing for me.

But this morning I'm going to do something slightly out of character. You may feel free to read or not read of course, but I am simply going to share what Easter means to me--surprise surprise, in the words of a song. It is an Easter hymn that I remember singing for most of my life but it professes the joy & triumph I feel in my heart when I an reminded of what Easter means to me as a Christian: By Grace through Faith I am Saved and if I Believe, Heaven will one day be my Treasure.

He's risen, He's risen, Christ Jesus the Lord
He opened Death's prison, the Incarnate Word
Break forth hosts of heaven in jubilant song
And earth, sea and mountain, the paean prolong.

The Foe was triumphant when on Calvary
The Lord of creation was nailed to the tree
In Satan's domain did the hosts shout & jeer
For Jesus was slain whom the evil ones fear.

But short was their triumph, the Savior arose
And Death, hell and Satan, He vanquished His foes
The conquering Lord lifts His banner on high
He lives, yea, He lives and will never more die.

Oh where is thy sting Death? We fear thee no more
Christ rose and now open is fair Eden's door
For all our transgressions His blood does atone
Redeemed and forgiven, we now are His own.


If you believe as I believe, then today you know peace & joy. If you believe something else, then I wish you a happy day to celebrate Spring & rebirth & a new season. Whatever you believe, I wish you a very Happy Easter.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP