Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Looking Back 3 Years

Funny how time & distance change you
The roads you take don't always lead you home
You can start a love with good intentions
And then you look up & it's gone
("Me & Charlie Talking", Miranda Lambert)


3 years ago today. That would be 1096 days (if you're checking my math that includes the leap year in 2004--I know I'm bad with numbers but give me a *little* credit huh? lol...) that I have lived in Florida. Not too shabby for a girl who always lived within 15 minutes of her birthplace and who had never set so much as a toe down in the state of Florida before March 9, 2002! Talk about a leap of faith...Ok so some of it didn't turn out as planned but I must have forgotten to check my crystal ball that day. I like who I am now anyway & I'm happy here. It's home now. I've come alot further than that initial 1200 miles but the destination is worth it. There are a few special people I would like to transplant down here with me (you'd think they'd be sick of snow by now! LOL) but thanks to email, AIM & unlimited long-distance plans for Alexander Graham Bell's nifty invention, I've still got them close by in those long stretches between actual visits. And I have my Florida "support system" now (aka the Andi(e) show & a guy with a killer smile) & they make my sun shine even on rainy days like today.

I know I whine alot...but really...life isn't too bad. =)

2 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:13:00 PM  

you are a very good suppot system for me too!!!

Anonymous,  Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:21:00 AM  

wow 3 years! it does not seem that long. i mean i know you are missed everyday up here by many but i can still remember the last night in thing 1's apartment while jason and i were visiting you and well ok now it does seem like a while ago. like i said many of us love you up here and if you ever decide to move back up (but why would you, no snow and an amazing guy;) ) there are many places for you to stay.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP