Saturday, May 31, 2014

This Week on My TV: May 31, 2014

Disclaimer: Some shows I watch live and with others, I tend to be fairly behind on my tv watching. Even so, consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. All I can do is lead in with the show and episode. You read at your own risk!



**(Mike and Molly, S4E22 "Eight Is Enough"How many people can they fit in that little house?? -- I think I actually like Carl with Victoria. -- I'm kind of indifferent to the "cliffhanger." So Molly is leaving Mike with the house of crazy, while she goes off to a writing workshop. I was hoping for some sort of forward motion on the road back to somewhat more normal. This season's departure to slapstick was lost on me.

**(Law and Order: SVU, S15E21 "Post-Mortem Blues"William Lewis may actually be my least favorite television character *ever*. I hope this is the end of his story line for good. -- I wonder what the chances are that Detective Murphy becomes a series regular. I *really* like him. -- So Cassidy tells Liv he loves her a few episodes ago and then poof!, we don't see him again?

**(Law and Order: SVU, S15E22 "Reasonable Doubt") Barba is cranky. What a shocker. Heh. -- "Consciously uncouple?" So that is just a blatant nudge at Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, then, huh? -- Emma Bell sure plays some sleazy characters. Emma Ryland on Dallas, a raunchy woman on this show. -- Still no Cassidy. Still love Murphy. The end.

**(Modern Family, S5E24 "The Wedding (Part 2)"::snort:: Pepper Saltsman. I never caught that before. -- Phillip Humphrey Dumpfy? Like HUMPTY DUMPTY?? -- Cam's father [about Cam's mother]: She's been a loose canon ever since she started going to that Sunday service at 10:30 when they play a guitar. -- A fire, a flood, a swarm of Lucases, a famine, four hoarse men. Apocalypse. Oh Cam. -- Alex [to Haley]: Here's the thing about nice white dorks like Andy: you get over us way easier than we get over you. -- The best marriages *do* contain a little bit of magic. -- Luke and Manny acting like an old married couple following Phil "marrying" them under the arch as the wedding fled the wildfire. Bahaha! -- I cried. Weddings, man.

**(The Good Wife, S5E22 "A Weird Year") Why do characters on tv never have phone cases on their super expensive phones? -- Wow. I can't even begin to imagine how betrayed Cary feels by Kalinda. I wonder how he's going to play this out. -- I don't know what I was expecting, but Diane's proposal to join Florrick Agos and bring her high-paying clients with her wasn't it. This will turn everything on its head with Lockhart Gardner. -- When Eli was staring at Alicia in the final scene, I expected him to make a move on her, not ask her if she wants to run for State's Attorney. -- With Finn Palmore no longer running for State's Attorney, I hope we don't lose his character. I like him very much.

**(The Mentalist, S6E21 "Black Hearts"I'm not used to the actor who played the ME on CSI:NY being such a stumbling, bumbling man when he was so cool under pressure and confident as his former character. -- Scenes where one person watches another person sleeping always give me the willies. As do hangings, both homicidal and suicidal. -- Agent Pike *proposed* to Lisbon?? After she had such a difficult time just deciding to move to Washington DC with him?! I am so over him. He's either a fool or has ill intent.

**(Person of Interest, S3E22 "A House Divided"None of the people standing around the body of the Decima guy that jumped off the building rather than talk to Shaw and Mr Reese questioned Root walking up and removing the car keys from his pocket? -- What was with that behemoth of a cell phone Root gave Shaw? -- I can't figure out what Mr Greer's accent is. -- New York City going totally dark. I never really thought about it before, but that would be utter chaos. -- They certainly gave Vigilance a sympathetic back story. It's too bad they are coming off as stark raving lunatics now. -- Who sent Peter Brandt that text message, telling him they have the answers to what really happened to his brother?? And what really happened?? Man, this show does cliffhangers well. I wish I could effectively capture the expression on my face when an episode ends without resolution.

1 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Wednesday, June 04, 2014 7:51:00 PM  

Still enjoying Person of Interest, but I've gotten a bit weary of Mentalist. It was renewed, I think I saw. I guess they moved them to Austin, hooked up with the FBI and now they have a whole new set of things to work with. I'll be interested to see what you think of the season finale....

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP