Friday, May 16, 2014

Currently: May 16, 2014

This week at the Broken Road house...

Wishing... there were a better likelihood that we'd have more days like today, when it comes to summer in the deepest south. Yesterday, some storms rolled through ahead of a cool front. Today, it's less humid, plenty breezy, and a forecast high of 81 (it's only 75 just after 2pm!). The temperature and humidity will crawl back up again, day by day, but I could handle the summers here with more grace if I knew that every few weeks I would get a blissful little reprieve to refresh me.


Celebrating... the birth of my niece, Isabelle Ruth, on Thursday to my brother and his wife. Sweet little fuzzy-headed peanut.


Wasting... valuable mental resources trying to come up with a new password for work. I know the dreaded prompt is coming and I have used up all my ideas. Every three months, a new password, can't reuse for seven years, must have uppercase letters and a number and a symbol. My brain is hurty.

Scratching... the surface on some thoughts and feelings. I've felt jumbled for most of the past year. I don't care much for feeling emotionally disrupted. I'm not naive enough to believe life won't come with its share of challenges and hiccups, and they're usually the catalyst for some growth, but that doesn't mean I have to like the whole process. Anyway, I think I've reached a point where I'm able sort some of it out. I'm not at all sure what any of it *means*, exactly, but we have to start somewhere, right?

Wearing... new clothes! Well, tops and shoes. This is a big deal for me. a) I like my "uniform" and I'm a creature of habit, so I have to make a conscious effort to change things up or I will just look the same forever. b) I'm not a heavy shopper -- I suppose that's a "chicken or the egg" debate with point A -- so I wear things until they need to be retired, forcing me to seek out good sales, so I don't break the bank. (I really should look for a couple more pairs of khakis, though, I think.)

"Currently" is a weekly link-up, hosted by Ot & Et.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP