Saturday, May 10, 2014

This Week on My TV: May 10, 2014

Disclaimer: Some shows I watch live and with others, I tend to be fairly behind on my tv watching. Even so, consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. All I can do is lead in with the show and episode. You read at your own risk!



**(Unforgettable, s2E10 "Manhunt"If I've learned nothing from watching crime procedurals, it's that I shouldn't wander around outside alone in the middle of the night. -- When the doctor tripped and face planted, running away from who she believes to be her former assailant, they showed her with a tiny scratch over her eyebrow. When they came back from commercial break, it was a huge bloody gash. What the heck? -- I didn't follow what the purpose of the horseback officer was, but I liked the ending, where the doctor offered the man who wrongly went to prison for raping her thirteen years ago a job as an orderly where she works and told him even though the pay wasn't great, he would have a friend there.

**(Chicago Fire, S2E20 "A Dark Day"Hey! The pediatrician character was Grace Van Pelt from The Mentalist! And the doctor in the hospital is Colin Sweeney on The Good Wife. Wait a second...didn't we already meet this doctor on this show when they had the train crash? (Oh, dear God, please don't let them be thinking about a "Chicago Hospital" spinoff too.) -- I'm not sure how I feel about the plot of a bombing of a running event... Too soon to have so much in common with Boston in 2013. -- I've said it before, I'll say it again: I thought the cast of Grey's Anatomy was cursed, but Firehouse 51 has them beat by a landslide. Two seasons in, there have been multiple deaths, several firefighters with injury-caused drug addictions, life threatening situations, career threatening injuries, a guy with a head injury that has either been forgotten or miraculously cured, someone contemplating suicide, someone committing suicide, and now this bombing, which I haven't seen more than twenty minutes of at this point, but already Casey was thrown to the ground and had a ceiling fall on him (that can't help a maybe-head-injury), Dawson is missing, and Shay just fell on a piece of metal sticking out of a broken piece of the building, so you know *someone's* life will end up in major jeopardy before all is said and done. -- Basic conversation that took place: "Do you have the power to consent?" "Consent? I don't know." "Good enough for me! Off to operate on your niece's liver!" There's an emergency, a parent can't be reached, and the child will likely die without surgery, WHO NEEDS CONSENT?? -- Do people attempting to diffuse live bombs really have to be told to be careful? And does any character ever pull the *wrong* wire? -- Of course they just happened to be clearing debris directly above where Dawson was trapped. -- Drop the pregnancy bombshell on Boden last week and then just no mention of it at all? What is *that*?

**(Chicago PD, S1E12 "8:30PM"It really ticks me off when they do crossover events. I am watching this under protest because I can't deal with the lack of closure. I need to know what happens to Shay. ::sigh:: -- That was quite an age gap between Holly the pediatrician and her brain dead nine-year-old sister. And if those were her parents, they looked like they birthed her ten minutes after their own births. Weird. -- It really bugs me that Voight was a dirty cop when he was a recurring character on Chicago Fire, but now he's the hero main character on this show. That's...quite a turnaround. -- Of *course* Shay is ok. No biggie. I'm so annoyed I wasted an hour on this show. -- I totally called that the little sister was going to be a perfect match for the liver the other little girl needed stat. -- Was that Severide hooking up with one of the cops??

**(Blue Bloods, S4E20 "Custody Battle"Those Reagans sure have some hot heads. Someone's always cranky with someone else in the family. -- I share Nicky's skepticism about corned beef. -- Danny: Erin's name came up and Dad made a face. Jamie: Was that the "I've got the weight of the world on my shoulders" face or the "I wish I never had kids" face? -- This is exactly how family works! ... Danny: Reagans can talk smack all night long. Outsiders talk smack and there's going to be a fight. -- I can't believe that sniveling little cop thought he was going to whine his way back into the NYPD. Not on Frank's watch, pal!

**(The Big Bang Theory, S7E22 "The Proton Transmogrification") Professor Proton is dead?! Awww. -- It's funny cuz it's true. Heh. ... Amy: Do you want me to go with you to the funeral? Sheldon: Oh, I'm not going to the funeral. Amy: Are you sure? Sheldon: Are you kidding? All those people blowing their noses? You can't tell the sad from the sick!

**(Modern Family, S5E20 "Australia"This was a great episode. From Phil's jellyfish stings to his getting punched in the face by a kangaroo to proclaiming himself Crocodile Dun-phee. And the work Claire was doing, calling it her baby...and then the wild dog stole her laptop...the dingo stole her baby. BAHAHAHAHA!!

**(The Middle, S5E20 "The Optimist") Sue's stress over getting into college was stressing *me* out. -- I'm not sure which situation was more uncomfortable: Brick wanting Mike to apologize to his friend for confronting her when he thought she was being mean to Brick, or that spa Frankie took Sue to.

**(Mike and Molly, S4E18 "Mike's Manifold Destiny") Carl [to Mike]: Your mother ain't giving you this car out of the goodness of her heart. You know why? Samuel: Because she has no goodness and she has no heart? -- Carl is a good friend to Mike. -- The exchanges between Molly and Mike's mother are guaranteed hilarious.

**(The Mentalist, S6E18 "Forest Green"Maybe this disqualifies me as a twenty-first century woman, but I honestly don't care if there are "men only" clubs. What's wrong with a place for dudes to go and just be with other men? Sometimes it's nice to just have time and space without the opposite sex. ::shrugs:: -- So the victim was both a lesbian *and* a prostitute (for men)? That seems...odd. -- I'm not certain I like Lisbon's new love interest (Pike, is it?) and I'm not sure why I don't. They wouldn't reuse the same plot they did with Grace Van Pelt and the very much a bad guy suitor, would they?

**(The Good Wife, S5E18 "All Tapped Out"These NSA guys are weird. -- Louis Canning at Lockhart Gardner? Kalinda is going to make this interesting. -- It's good to have Alicia back on her game. Also good to see Peter on his game, calling off the NSA. And hilarious that Eli was bowing down to Peter's awesomeness. -- That final scene. Alicia and Peter working on scheduling together. Are they ok again or something?

**(Last Man Standing, S3E22 "Mutton Busting") Mike: Stick to your guns! Or the UN. Or...whatever you liberals use to defend yourselves. -- Kristin is a real *itch. End of story. -- Oh dear Lord. Kristin and Ryan are engaged??

**(Once Upon a Time, S3E17 "The Jolly Roger"This bouncing back and forth between now and the "missing year" is getting mentally exhausting. -- Regina and Emma "girl talking" about how Hook is pining after Emma was...different. -- Eric's floating cape with the "locator spell" was pushing the envelope, I think. (She says about a show built around fairy tales and magic and curses and flying monkeys.) -- Oh, poor broken-hearted Hook. I think he needs a big hug. (Ahem.) -- What is it Hook remembers about the "missing year" that he isn't sharing? And why does Zelena want Baby Charming?

**(The Good Wife, S5E19 "Tying the Knot"What is with all those women who look exactly the same at Colin Sweeney's house? Every time he surfaces, something weird happens. -- I really like the way they played out this episode, with Alicia playing and replaying what she witnessed in her mind. It lent an interesting and rather unique perspective to being a witness instead of just a lawyer. -- I am feeling bad for Finn. I like him. And clearly he is still suffering some trauma from the Will Gardner courtroom murder. But I like that after seeming so despondent, he finally stiffened up his backbone. -- I am conflicted. I don't care for the State's Attorney, but I can't seem to separate him from being September on Fringe whom I loved. -- Speaking of conflicted, I think Alicia wishes Colin Sweeney weren't such a crucially important client to her firm.

**(2 Broke Girls, S3E23 "And the Free Money"Let me get something straight. Max and Caroline don't have enough money to pay the bills, but they have enough money to buy alcohol for doing shots while they stress over how to pay the bills? -- I can't believe it, but I actually legitimately laughed more than once (even though the "bet-win-bet again-lose big-win bigger at the last second" story was totally predictable). -- This episode made me like Earl.

**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E21 "Change of Heart"I like that they have some longer term patients this season. It's been a while since there was something to balance the steady stream of one-episode characters parading through the season. That being said, I hope we get some answers as to what's causing the hearts of that family's children to fail. -- Amelia Shepard is back for a visit! I like Amelia. But it's weird for me every time Derek calls her "Amy." -- A MerDer date consists of a joint surgery. They are so funny. -- I really like who Cristina is becoming as a surgeon. She was always strong and confident, but she has become a touch more compassionate and was able to become an actual teacher to the interns. -- I am beginning to see how they are going to spin Cristina's departure. And I think they've chosen well (assuming I'm right). -- I did *not* see Richard's proposal to Catherine Avery coming at *all*. I wonder where it stands now, though, with that argument about what happened with Cristina not winning the Harper Avery Award...and why no one at Grey Sloan Memorial ever will. -- There are times when Jo reminds me a little too much of Izzie. -- April is pregnant? Well that puts a new spin on her fight with Jackson.

**(The Blacklist, S1E21 "Berlin"Bleeding from your ears is never a good sign. That was a very Fringe-ish opening scene. -- So, Lizzie is going to give Red the silent treatment? "Tell Reddington..." while he is sitting in the same room. That's mature. -- Special Agent Martin and captive Dr Vogel look just enough alike to have confused me momentarily. -- The FBI Task Force finally sees the connection that the viewer, if they paid attention, was seeing all along: each of the numbers Red has provided them has led to information that has benefited Red in his search for Berlin. -- The scene where Liz is trying to prevent the FBI from taking Red into custody after they rescinded his immunity contingent with Lizzie's resignation and they are playing cat-and-mouse over Lizzie's feelings about Red's involvement in her father's death? Holy intense. I was starting to suffer some serious anxiety. -- Red: Now its begins. ... What??? Now *what* begins? I feel like I can't even catch my breath. Who is Berlin, what is his/her problem with Red, and what is the end game here??

**(Scandal, S3E17 "Flesh and Blood"I was completely cracking up at Liv's gladiators sequestered in that office while Fitz was at OPA, like spectators in a fishbowl, their faces pressed to the windows, trying to hear or see anything. -- Mellie is back to being a shrew. I know she is in emotional pain, never telling anyone about Big Jerry raping her and her firstborn possibly being his (he is, but, here's a stack of hundreds, no, he isn't), but she is taking it out on the wrong Grant man. On the other hand, Fitz is getting on my last nerve, being a raging hypocrite, so maybe he deserves some shrew-ish-ness. -- Holy crap, Rowan actually shot Maya's lover in Liv's office. -- Oof. Tough conversation, Liv admitting to Jake (who is so obviously smitten with her) that she's in love with Fitz. I don't even know how to feel about that. -- That was...quite the steamy scene in the parking garage between Huck and Quinn. AND MAYA JUST MARCHED RIGHT PAST THEM. -- Maya attacked Rowan?! Cyrus is going to let the bomb take out Sally?! What the what?!

**(Person of Interest, S3E21 "Beta") Shaw [to Mr Reese]: Who died and made you Finch? -- Root: What our Machine sees, Samaritan sees. Two gods playing with the same deck of cards. ... Powerful imagery. -- Boy, you don't think about just how much "you are being watched" until you watch Shaw, Root, and Mr Reese try to Frogger through the city, undetected by camera surveillance. -- Targeting Grace. Harold's love. And the only connection we know he has to someone outside our little band of fearless protectors. If anything gets Harold to come out of hiding, this would be it, right? -- Root [looking at a tablet with a bullet hole through it that they retrieved from the man who tried to shoot her]: You couldn't aim two inches higher? Shaw: Everybody's a critic today. -- Hooboy. Grace is safe but in exchange, Decima has Harold. Can he be rescued yet again?

**(Mike and Molly, S4E19 "Who's Afraid of J.C. Small?"Susan Sarandon's character is more pathetic than funny. However, the mayhem she caused among the family was pretty amusing. -- Ewww, Molly. You got into your bed in the same clothes you wore to jump into that nasty river?

**(About a Boy, S1E10 "About a Boy's Dad"What is that sound coming out of Marcus?? Fiona has really raised herself an obnoxious little dork. Moving next door to Will may be Marcus' only hope of eventually acting somewhat socially acceptable. -- I cannot believe Fiona made a child with this weirdo, Hugh. I mean, he calls her Fifi?? Seriously? -- Will's reaction to waking up to naked Hugh in his bed was both predictable and hilarious. So was Dr Sam finally showing up ready for some loving.

**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E22 "We Are Never Getting Back Together"The separation of conjoined twins really foreshadowed Cristina's coming departure for Mer, I think. -- So. Burke. At Cristina's talk in Zurich. That lead to some good old-fashioned girltalk on the phone with Mer. I've missed that. -- What a contrast between Arizona and April regarding pregnancy. -- Talk about an awkward, uncomfortable, emotionally charged exchange between Burke and Cristina, when she asked him if this was a ploy to get her back and he showed her photos of his wife and kids and said they are his world. And again when she turned down his offer because she couldn't work for him, and he told her he didn't want her to, because the way he loved her, it would only be a matter of time before she was the dangling carrot he would follow anywhere and that he wants the life he has, that his offer was to take over his hospital so he could give his wife what she wanted after all she has sacrificed for his dreams. -- Oh, I hope Amelia is coming to Grey's on more than just a guest pass! -- I like they way April and Jackson are trying to work through their differences. -- OMG Mer's face when she saw Cristina and just knew Cristina would be leaving.

**(The Big Bang Theory, S7E23 "The Gorilla Dissolution"Howard: I'm what my people would call a putz. -- ::snort:: Bridge of nose herpes. Oh, Sheldon. -- Raj can't really be upset about Emily out with someone else since they had agreed they wouldn't be exclusive. But hey, what happened to the vet? Didn't he think Cinnamon's vet was cute? -- I find it hysterical every time Howard mimics Bernadette's voice. -- Emily: If I saw you out with another woman, I'd be pretty upset. Raj: Thank you. And not just for saying you'd be upset, but for thinking that's possible. -- Aww! Are Raj and Emily going to make their little dating arrangement a little more exclusive?? Yay, Raj! Raj deserves some happiness. -- AWWWWW!!! Penny and Leonard are engaged! I totally didn't see that coming! And I just about died when Leonard extracted the ring from his wallet and proposed after whatever that weird half-proposal exchange was, initiated by Penny.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP