Thursday, May 29, 2014

Currently: May 29, 2014

This week at the Broken Road house...

Feeling... less and less ambitious as this week wears on. It's a four-day work week. It shouldn't feel eight days long! How quickly I am spoiled by an extra day off.

Questioning... whether or not we can pare down the data plan even further than the small package we have now for our new phones. I think, perhaps, I will give it a couple of billing cycles, just to be sure.

Longing... for the daily afternoon storms to start rolling through. If it's going to be Hades hot, then I want the rains that come with it. The green things require daily watering in this climate and I'm ready for Mother Nature to provide and not so much the water bill.

Watching... the Red Sox take four straight games from the Braves has allowed the anguish of enduring that ten-game losing streak to quickly fade.

Moving... out the spring decorations and bringing the summer. How is it almost June already?! I used to think adults were crazy when I was a kid, always talking about how the time flies faster and faster. It felt interminably long to my childish mind. Isn't that the way it goes though? You want nothing more to get older and it takes forever...and then you get there and suddenly it's all whizzing by you, like the landscape did when you flew down a hill on a bike when you were a kid: out of focus and too fast to make sense of it before it was behind you.

"Currently" is a weekly link-up, hosted by Ot & Et.

1 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Wednesday, June 04, 2014 7:50:00 PM  

I'm totally with you on the whole "time flies faster" the older you get. I remember my mom telling me things like that and I looked at her like she was a three headed green martian :) She also told me things like "holidays are nice, but it's just another day in the year". I sort of feel that way too, the older I get, but I'm fighting like crazy to try to make something special out of holidays. Every day too, my husband taught me that one, each day is a gift and worthy of celebrating. It's Wednesday, hooray, let's celebrate!

Hope you are having a good week :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP