Saturday, May 17, 2014

This Week on My TV: May 17, 2014

Disclaimer: Some shows I watch live and with others, I tend to be fairly behind on my tv watching. Even so, consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. All I can do is lead in with the show and episode. You read at your own risk!



**(Modern Family, S5E21 "The Sleeper"I get you, Mitchell! Being the steady one makes you invisible to a lot of people. -- Phil's guilt driven narcolepsy was weird but pretty amusing. -- I don't understand Gloria's obsession with Joe needing color! He's a baby!! -- Stella on the skateboard! HAAA!

**(CSI, S14E21 "Kitty"They have done some very cool camera work this season. This time it was shooting from the ground looking up at crime scene tape. I love new and interesting ways to show scenes done a million times. -- This was the pre-premiere of CSI: Cyber Crimes. It was interesting as a single episode, but I'm not convinced it can go for the long haul.

**(The Good Wife, S5E20 "The Deep Web") I feel bad for Finn. This campaign is turning into something he clearly never wanted. And I'm pretty sure Eli's "assistance" is reinforcing that feeling. -- Daniel Irwin's effect on Alicia was...interesting. -- It's pretty amusing watching Alicia fumble through a day off. Girlfriend does *not* know what to do with herself! -- David Lee, you claim you were just being nice. You have *never* been nice. I'm not sure who you think you're kidding. -- Why do persons of interest always say the authorities "have to believe" them? If they have enough information and evidence to be there, I'm pretty sure they believe the opposite. -- I wouldn't trust Louis Canning any further than I could throw him. -- Eli needs a good campaign to run. He lights up like a little lightning bug. -- What was with the quiet talkers in this episode? Sheesh. I was starting to wonder if I was watching Elementary.

**(The Mentalist, S6E19 "Brown Eyed Girls") I don't much care for Lisbon's boyfriend, Pike. -- You know, Lisbon, if you hadn't been giving Patrick a hard time about ruining your date with that guy I don't even like, maybe you could have saved that girl. -- Many things about this show make me laugh. Cho's trucker impression deadpan. Abbot in the little black hat, looking like a pimp. The way Jane messes with people.

**(The Middle, S5E20 "Office Hours") Frankie: Why would somebody steal our crappy car? Mike: For parts. Nobody would want it as a whole. -- Sue and Darrin were so exactly as obnoxious as I bet I was in a high school relationship. (Gag me.) -- I *roared* when that woman told Frankie her car had been parked all week in the rear parking lot. -- Axl-in-the-laptop this episode was a genius way to work him in.

**(Parenthood, S5E20 "Cold Feet") I felt like Zeke and Camille signing off on the contract to sell their house should have been sprinkled with a heavy dose of sappy memory flashbacks of a lifetime. I feel a little gypped. -- Julia with Ed? Blergh. But seeing her put on her lawyer persona again is awesome. *Awesome*. -- I very rarely get into any of the stories that involve the Luncheonette. I wonder why that is? -- After all the discomfort Zeke was feeling about selling the house, I think it's pretty cool that he's encouraging Camille through her cold feet now that she realizes what signing on the bottom line means: packing and paring down a lifetime of sentimentally valuable "stuff" and trying to find a new place to live. -- I continue to have Kristina hair envy. -- Julia and Mr Knight...Evan...whoever?? What?! -- Not a single tear. Huh.

**(Mike and Molly, S4E20 "Sex, Lies, and Helicopters"So. Carl and Victoria. I'm going to go out on a limb and say a) they're going to end up an item and b) Victoria is going to end up pregnant (which wouldn't bother me, because maybe that would circle us back to the dangling thread of Season Three that was so blatantly ignored in favor of Molly's breakdown and a rebranding of the show to her slapstick movie style).

**(The Blacklist, S1E22 "Berlin: Conclusion"Whoa. Covering the plane crash using Matt Lauer and the Today Show. Very official! -- OMG. Meera is dead! That was so abrupt. I even saw it coming, said "this is going to be bad news for her," but when her throat was slit, I still gasped. -- Red: Oh goodness, no. I'm not a monster. You really think I'd harm a dog? [throws knife into the ambassador's leg] You on the other hand... -- Alan Fitch: He makes Putin look like a Christmas elf. -- Red. Marching down the street with a gun. Shooting people in broad daylight. Bad. ASS. I don't have much of a thing for bad boys, but that was...kinda sexy. Ahem. -- Ummm. Where did Tom go?! Did someone remove his body? Was he not really dead? -- OMG, Red's back. Burn scars. And here's where I am going to get wordy with my personal theory: I'm still not convinced Red is her father. He told her he wasn't when she explicitly asked, and then he later swore to her that, though he has withheld information from her, he's never lied to her. I think her father did die in the fire, whether from the actual fire or because Red killed him first and set the fire to destroy the evidence. I believe Red is the one who carried her from the fire (which is how he received the burns), not her father, which would be an easy mistake for a young girl to make in a scary and chaotic scene like that. (Remember, she was young enough to say that was her only memory of her real father, so she was obviously very small.) Maybe Red didn't know she was there when he started it, and he feesl responsible for making her an orphan. So he brought her to Sam and he still feels he owes her his eternal and "father like" protection? Also, if Lizzie's childhood home burned when she was very young, recall that the house *Red* lived in with his family was still standing, because he purchased it, revisited his memories, looked at the growth marks of his daughter penciled on the wall...and then blew it up. That wouldn't fit with Lizzie's childhood timelines. I just think it's too obvious to make him be the father. As for the girl in the photos both Red and Berlin have: That was the photo Red slipped out of The Stewmaker's trophy album. I'm sure of it. I'm not sure how old Berlin is supposed to be (he looked a lot older before he shaved). But could his daughter have been Red's wife and now he holds Red responsible for her death? We haven't learned what happened to Red's wife and daughter. Perhaps coming after Lizzie is Berlin's revenge because it's the only way that remains to truly hurt Red?

**(Blue Bloods, S4E21 "Above and Beyond"Good lesson, Frank, telling Nicky she had to choose between checking her phone or having a conversation with him. ... Nicky: But what if it's important? Frank: *Choose*. -- Frank: Thank God it wasn't Danny. There. I said it. -- I expected a dirty cop or that the murdered undercover cop was keeping homosexuality from his wife and daughters. I didn't expect him to have a second family. And the girlfriend had no idea he was even married. -- How thick is that kitchen door that the kids won't be able to hear the adults-only conversation going on in the dining room? -- I called it: The wife, thinking she was calling her husband's girlfriend to speak her mind, is the one who git him killed, because the number she called was a member of the drug gang with whom he was undercover.

**(Modern Family, S5E22 "Message Received") Jay: I've never heard of anyone not liking pickles. Gloria: This is a big day for you then. -- Luke: What's Zima? Phil: Oh, just a party in a bottle. -- Bahahaha! Claire and the kids listening to an old answering machine of Phil's, and a big secret comes out: Claire got pregnant with Haley before they were married! -- Wow. Phil was just a little too excited about Claire being pregnant when he feel for the kids' prank. -- I died laughing when Mitchell freaked out after walking face first into a spider web. Mostly because I know that's exactly how *I* look. -- I know it's supposed to create tension that Mitchell told Jay not to come to the wedding, but of course Jay will be there.

**(About a Boy, S1E11 "About a Birthday Party"I don't even know what to make of Fiona's plan to have the birthday party guests blow bubbles and whisper hopes and dreams into them, and I'm not exactly sure how riding around in an ambulance was supposed to make Marcus's birthday party less lame, but I'm relieved that Will leaving Dr Sam at her gala didn't end up breaking them up.

**(CSI, S14E22 "Dead in His Tracks"I don't typically like flashback-based episodes of any show, but this one was kind of good. Nice twist on the former deputy's daughter being the actual murderer too. I didn't see that coming. -- It was fairly well publicized that this was the final episode for Captain Brass. I *really* didn't understand the ambiguity of that final scene though. As if he were contemplating and undecided. Is he just going to be gone at the beginning of next season?

3 with their own thoughts:

gail@more than a song Monday, May 19, 2014 10:25:00 AM  

Such a long time to have to wait for Blacklist to come on again! I think also that it seems too obvious that Red is Lizzie's father,like you said he told her no. Don thought Tom was alive all along. And we were sure the girl in both photos was the same and the photo Red took from that album...I never thought about her being Red's wife, interesting!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:38:00 AM  

Gail: There's got to be some connection to that photo, Red and Berlin, right?? I mean, otherwise, why else would they both have it and would it get such close-up attention from the camera? And since it's Berlin's daughter, it obviously isn't Red's daughter. The only other connection I can think of is maybe Red's wife! I wonder where Tom is...

gail@more than a song Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:09:00 PM  

Did Tom take Lizzie? I've already forgotten! I'm gonna have to find a way to review by fall :)
Someone has some serious brain power to write this show!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP