Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013: Wishlist Reprise

Let's see how I did on my 2013 Wishlist, shall we?

1. Click through from blog posts to read. My feed reader is great for sorting through and finding the posts that catch my attention, but I want to stop doing the actual reading there. I have definitely gotten in the habit of doing this, to the point that now I don't even think about it. I just do it. Mission accomplished! Bonus: I actually much prefer blog reading this way.

2. Comment on ten blog posts per day. That seems do-able. Not so much. I always hesitate. I hate that. This needs some work.

3. Blog at least four times per week. I fell out of my groove for a while. I miss it. I don't know if it was four times per week, but it was definitely regular.I hope I keep it up going forward.

4. Try at least two new recipes per month. I have a stockpile of recipes. We often get into ruts, partially because it's easy to think of things you've already had and partially because it's easier to cook recipes you already know. Two per month leaves plenty of room for quick, easy dinners that require minimal thought, as well as revisiting old favorites. Some months I nailed it. Others I exceeded or fell short. But we're better at this and I'm glad for it.

5. Complete at least one Pinterest project per month. I have so many ideas pinned. Wonderful, fun ideas. Time to bring them to life! Nope. More collecting of ideas with minimal execution. Hmmm...

6. Goodreads offered a widget to set up a reading goal for yourself. I'm going with twenty this time around. I owned this one!! In fact, I not only read 20 books, but 38! The widget and some fellow book-lovers encouraged me all year.

7. Make it all the way through taking a photo a day. Last year's prompt often didn't speak to me as much as I had hoped. This year, I plan to try using two different photo prompt sites (one primary one, one to supplement as back-up inspiration). I have a feeling this will help! With a couple of friends also working on similar challenges, hopefully we can cheer each other on. I did it!! Not one day missed! (Although I will admit for a few I missed the good light and had to go back to catch up.)

8. Attempt number two: Finish catching up on magazines, with a goal of having no more than the current month's issues and the previous month's issues in my magazine basket. ::sigh:: I did better with the current issues, but not as well with the old ones. Improvement, though. I'm on the right track.

9. Attempt number two: Create a "home owner's binder" which may be easier after having lived in the house for almost a year. I honestly forgot all about this. Maybe I need more research...

10. Attempt number I've-lost-count: Scan in all my old photos. I did...some. A drop in the bucket really. That makes me a little sad. These old photos need some love.

11. Attempting again: Finish organizing the pages I've pulled out of magazines. Now this one I actually made progress with! And I didn't create a new pile of pages. I made sure I recorded what I wanted right away and then off to the recycling bin!

12. Gained ground but not there: Be caught up to within one week of all blog reading. I run about three weeks out at the moment. Still running at two to three weeks behind. Perpetually. There are too many things I want to read!

13. (Lucky 13 for 2013!) Revamp my existing cleaning schedule for one that works better. There didn't seem to be a good groove with the one I have been using. DONE AND DONE. I have a good rhythm that works for our schedule and the needs of our house. It's just a part of everyday life now and I love that it's (almost) effortless!

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP